Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting Regimen For 2 Months

miked8c

In a month and a few weeks I will be going on a two month cruise required for my education. Last year I dropped about 10 lbs. on this same cruise just because of eating less and stopping all compound movements due to limited gym equipment. I want to drop 15 lbs. this cruise.

Here are my stats

Age 19
5'9
BW: 200
Squat: 475x1, 420x4
Bench: 330x1
Deadlift: 500

I want to be at 185 at the end of my cruise with as minimal muscle lose as possible, obviously.

Here is what I will have for gym equipment:

DB's ranging to 100lbs.
Dips (Weight harness for weighted)
Chin up Bar (Weight harness for weighted)
Chest Supported Row/T-Bar Row
Smith Machine (Something to hang my sweatshirt on)
EZ Bar
5,10,25,45 lbs. plated (Obvious)
No olympic bars, there is a bench but its for the dumbells

In the past when I have tried cutting I always stopped before the first week even ended for a number of reasons:

1) I loathe the feeling of getting small.
2) I worry about losing weight through muscle and not through fat, i.e. becoming skinny fat.
3) I don't know how to diet effectively.

I am committing to weight lose this time, I have my reasons, which at this stage I really don't feel like sharing. This cruise will be the perfect opportunity to cut as I will not have access to Olympic lifts for two months anyways.

I need two things, a gym routine and a diet. With the equipment mentioned above I want a routine that will keep me strong. Instead of doing cardio I want to focus on weight circuits to burn calories. DB and pull up/ push up complexes maybe.

Here is a rough idea of what I am thinking of:

Day 1 Push
DB Chest Press
DB Flyes
DB Shoulder Press
Tricep Work

Day 2 Back
Weighted Chins sets of 6
Chest Supported Row
Kroc Row
Bi Work

Day 3 Legs
Heavy Lunges
Romanians with EZ bar or DB's not sure yet
Ab Work

Day 4
Pyramid Circuit
Pull up x1
Push up x2
Sit up x3

Start of with ascending to 6 pull ups, and then back to 1. Want to work up to 12 pull ups by the end of cruise.

If this does not make sense it goes 1 Pull up, 2 push ups, 3 sit ups, 2 pull ups, 4 push ups, 6 sit ups. So on so forth. No rest.

This day will give my body a break from weighted exercises.

Day 5 Repeat cycle except on push day I use weighted dips as first lift instead of DB press, rotate between these two each cycle.

I will rest every 9th day

As for diet, the ships food sucks. I will bring giant tub of whey for PWO. I have no idea how to diet so I think I will just be trying eat less, I dont have too much choice with the quality of the food I will be eating, but I can control quantity.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a plan dude...

Cutting weight sucks, I'm doing it myself now. Don't have measurements or even a weight right now all I know is in a little over a week I got an extra notch in on my weighlifting belt haha.

I've been doing something like this, it's a little extreme...

AM-50g whey protein, 1/2 serving almonds or cashews, multivitamin, water

Noon-10 oz tuna, entire bag of salad, brocolli or other green veg, vinegar, serving of almonds or cashews

Mid-Afternoon-50 g whey protein and water

Preworkout -20--30g carbohydrates

PWO-30g whey protein, 20-30 g carbs

Evening-10-12 oz lean meat, pile of some kind of veg, baked potato or yam (only on training days)

Before bed- 50g casein shake, 10-12 oz meat, 5-6 eggs or fat free cottage cheese with either 1 tbsp olive oil or some almonds

Boring but fast...low carb should work for most people. If you do eat more carbs keep them earlier in the day and limit them to slow digesting sources, and pre and post training sessions. I'm finding that while I do have less energy much of the time, my strength is staying reasonably good due to carb loading on weekends and taking some in around my sessions.

I'd pack a case of tuna, jerky, and almonds along with that whey...

That diet is intense, I wish I had the ability to buy my own food and shit. I am always at the mercy of whatever my school serves.

It's the opposite of intense, it is absolutely mind-numbing. Intense would be thirty big macs a day...intense would be awesome haha.

Anyway hopefully they at least offer some decent proteins...is it going to be buffet style?

More like penitentiary style, I'm going to school to be a licensed deck officer. There will be 700 cadets on board the ship. I get a metal tray and wait in line for 20 minutes for shitty food.

I think I might just go three square meals with a shake before bed.

Top Bottom