Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

crucial bi routine

eat big

my bi's havent been sore in years. i know how sore you are isnt a direct link to growth but i just wanted to destroy my bi's. so today i did a routine that concentrated on the peak of my biceps bc i am lacking in peak. here it is:

spider curls barbell( reverse/90 degree preacher curls): 12x95 10x105 10x105 8x110

hammer dumbell preacher curls: 10x35 10x35 10x35
concentration curls: 10x45 10x45 10x50
cable cambered bar 21's: 21x100 21x110 drop set with
reverse cambered cable curls

i doubt my bi's will be sore.

eat big

dont know exactly what you are looking for out of this thread (words of encouragement, critique of workout, new stuff to try...) i usually hit my biceps 2x a week, on tuesday and friday. on tuesday ill get them with 3 exercises and fridays with 2 (i combine the workout with back. tuesdays are more focused on bicep work, fridays more towards back work.)
but anyway, i alternate the exercises, no real reason why. i dont buy into the whole "you muscle will adapt to the lift, and you wont be able to grow" B.S. i just like variety. when you break it down, any bicep work is a curl, maybe you change your wrist a little, whatever. if this whole theory was true, once you did curls for a while, they would never grow.
now that im off subject, here is a sample of what i do...

Tuesday
Straight bar curls
Incline Seated DB curls
Spider Curls

Friday
Preacher curls with EZ bar
Standing DB's

sets/reps, done by feel. some exercises ill do 6-8, some ill do 8-10, i usually get 4 sets with all exercises, but sometimes ill only do 3. really depends on my mood. i've had great results with this. maybe it can help you out...

yeah all i was saying was that my bi's hardly ever get sore and i think this routine may have done it for me. i know there's other people out there whose bi's dont grow easily. btw i do mine 2x a week too. once with back and another day with tri's.

eat big

You could try Larry Scott's biceps workout. It is a giant set of DB preacher curls, then EZ-bar preacher curls, then reverse EZ-bar preacher curls. 8-10 reps per exercise, 3 or 4 giant sets would make up the workoput. I remember the last time I tried it, it kicked my ass. The DB preacher curls pre-exhaust so well that the preacher curls were fucking hard! :bigbuck:

Try this:
Bent rows 5x5
high rows 5x5
pullups 5x5 (add weight if needed)
Alternating DB cheat curls 5x5

AEKDB said:
Try this:
Bent rows 5x5
high rows 5x5
pullups 5x5 (add weight if needed)
Alternating DB cheat curls 5x5

ok, i see lots of this on this board, at least you have db curls in here
i wanna see some proof from all of these people who preach "no curls" bi workouts
personally, everyone i have known who had good arms did direct bicept work
if direct work is not needed, i want you prove me wrong

if you get big bi's without doing direct bi work your genetics are amazing. i agree with you d3, i always get more of a benefit from direct bi work direct towards the peak of your biceps instead of mass.

eat big

i have trouble getting my bi's sore as well. i cant remember the last time they actually felt worked the day after a workout. the one exception is bunnyhopping a 40 lb bike. doing that for a few hours will get my bi's sore at the elbow- but only the first few days after a two month layoff. the bunnyhop is a really violent jerk though. get violent with your bi's. stretch em out. bunnyhop a bike

Top Bottom