Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

crotch rocket riders, any tips for a new owner???

916 for me

My first bike was a ducati 916. Too much bike for a beginner.

600cc ought to be just fine for ya. Those gsx's handle pretty sweet on the deep end, so I can only imagine they handle Awesome in that range.

BTW: Update on the rsv250. I got it. And it'll be street legal Monday! Can't wait to play around with it.

1) Check on the safety course, area shops should
know where the nearest one is held.

2) Respect the bike, but don't be afraid of it.

2) Expect people in cars to do the dumbest
things possible.

3) Have fun, they're a blast to ride.

I was just reading this and was surprised at the good info being given. I ride a CBR 1100XX. I can tell you for certain that you must wear proper gear. Spend money on leathers and gloves. Spend alot of money on a helmet. I wear a Arai.

Also since this is a new bike for you and you have not ridden for a while....look at buying frame sliders. I had a wreck on my XX in the spring that came to $5100. Would have been a lot less if I had the sliders on the bike.

As far as websites this is the best one I know of.....

WWW.Sportbikes.net

I have never owned a Suz so don't know if they have a club or not but Honda gives a free enrollment to the Honda Riders Club. The club sends newsletters about riding courses all the time. Like I said earlier get your butt into a MSF course. It could save your life. I've been down and it HURTS!.

lets see anything else....
ride with highbeams on during the day.
know your limits
countersteering actually works!
3000 miles before trying your first wheelie
cars are slow
Every cager (and deer) wants to kill you
tankbags are very handy
if you use a front disc lock you will forget to remove it infront of hot chicks (only happens once..see frame sliders above)
alot of people will ask you how fast your Ninja will go
little kids love seeing wheelies-it pisses off soccer moms

I think that is enough for now.
go check out the website. There is a section for newbies

TIP: DONT WRECK.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIKE BRO. I WOULD HAVE WENT A LITTLE BIGGER, LIKE SAAAAAAYYYYYY A GSXR1000. BUT THATS JUST ME. LOL

KAYNE

Sheesh man the most important advice hasn't been mentioned. GET A RADAR DETECTOR WITH A EARPIECE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

That 600 is a nice piece of work. Excellent track bike. IMO go see Fasttrax at the Mid Ohio race track and see if they have a street rider course. If you want to learn how to control a motorcycle there is no place better to do that than a race track. It's not about racing, it's about controlling the bike in a controlled enviroment. No cars, cops, streetlights, walls, etc. and there's an ambulance waiting nearby just in case.

Give it a shot. Trust me, once you get on a track you will be hooked. Be safe. Keep it real and no matter what you do don't use the word bro. hehe

Well I would say you must give it to me for proper breakin. Then you will have a hard time getting it back because I will of course go to Mexico and trade it for gear, and other stuff.

No, seriously, take a class as it could save your life and maybe your bike. Good luck and yes you picked a great ride.

Top Bottom