Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

critique this workout routine

frorider6

I'm 6'2" 195 low %bf a hard gainer and looking to increase muscle while keeping bodyfat low. Been lifting 3 days a week with heavy weight low number of sets. This is my new routine that I'm going to use to shock my system out of this plateau.

I need to know if this is a good routine and if this would be a good program should I decide to use some gear.

Keep in mind that my diet is in order. I go for 250 grams protein a day but will be adding more per day as I find more places to fit it in. I keep sugar, salt, fat, etc at resonable levels. 8 hours of sleep a night and a sedentary computer job.

Monday - chest and triceps
bench 4 sets - last set burnout
incline press (dumbbells) 3 sets
flat bench flyes 2 sets
skull crushers 3 sets
cable presses 3 sets

Tuesday - legs
Squat 4 sets - last set burnout
Leg Press 3 sets
leg extensions 3 sets
leg curls 2 sets
standing calf raise 3 sets
seated calf raise 3 sets - superset w/ standing

Thursday - delts and trap
standing military press 4 sets - last set burnout
lateral raises 3 sets
reverse flyes 2 sets
upright rows 3 sets
dumbbell (or bar?) shrugs 3 sets

Friday - back and biceps
Deadlift 3 sets
Cable rows 3 sets
cable pulldown behind neck 3 sets
overhand straight bar curls 3 sets
hammer curls 3 sets

Last edited:
i would put the shrugs on the same day that i deadlift. your traps get a good workout from deadlifting so doing the shrugs after that will finish them off. i would also throw in some forearm work.

other than that, it looks like a very nice routine. good luck, lift hard.

Routine looks good, but the diet doesn't need that much protein. To this date, it has never been SCIENTIFICALLY proven that the body needs more than 1 g of protein per pound of body weight. Proteins main purpose is to build/rebuild (torn muslce fibers) during rest. Carbs, however, converts into fuel (glycogen) that's necessary during your hard work outs (tearing down of muscle fibers). Since you're a hard gainer, try increasing your total calorie intake by 20%. Ever thought of incoporating cardio into your workout to help keep your BF% low and your heart nice and strong?

Top Bottom