Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

critique shoulder bicep workout

rolinhgh

Here is my shoulder and bicep workout so dont flame to bad
shoulders as follows
millitary dumbell press 4 sets

behind the neck press 3-4 sets

front dumbell raise 3 sets

lat raises seated 3 sets
biceps

incline dumbell curls heavy 3-4 sets

barbell curls heavy 3 sets

rope curls superset with hammer curls 3 sets to failure

should there be anything else?

If your doing dumbell presses why do you need to do Military presses? Its like beating a dead horse :)

Much better to alternate between em from workout to workout.

replace front raises with bent over raises, your front delts are already fried from presses and its the most overtrained muscle in the human body!

Again Incline curls do the same thing as barbell curls, except better because the long head of the bicep has greater leverage in incline curls, whilst they are partly supressed in a normal curl.

Do some rotary cuff execises. I recommend the snatch press

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149264

Not to get into any arguments about volume v's HIT workouts,
But I use to train that many sets on bi's, use to.
I got the nerv up to drop some sets and go to failure on every set, then add a few negs here and there.
I haven't looked back since.
I am natural (for how long?) and have over 18" arms. I couldn't get there on more than 5-6 sets a week.
But whatever works for you!
I hated Dropping sets because I love training arms, when I try some gear I may add some sets.
Shoulders, may drop a few overheads there imo :)
Best of luck.

Last edited:
Isn't a rope curl a hammer curl with cables instead? If so, why superset the same exercise.

I just read on a site that explains a lot of exercises and they said a rope curl was "A hammer curl using a cable instead"

Top Bottom