Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my new routine

solarclimax

Pushed for time. age 26. Weight 85kg. Height 5"11 - 6"0. Bodyfat - not to sure, maybe around 12%
I can see my abs. started lifting nearly 4 years ago. started with about 3, 8 week runs of madcow SF 5x5 as well as some other stuff in the first year. Second year was some more SF 5x5 with a bit more focus on cardio and also max strength.
Last couple of years havn't done alot of weightlifting but been training boxing for 2 years, alot of bodyweight strength stuff also, sandbags ect. Looking to bulk up and then get shredded.
So current goals are focusing on bulking up, not to fussed what weight i reach, just generally looking to get a bit bigger so that i can rip up later this spring summer time.
Here is a slight modification of an old 5x5 routine i used to do.

Note, my legs are still big from all the squatting i used to do, i don't want my legs to get any bigger, so thinking about subbing monday/friday back squats with front squats, and on wednesdays doing weighted 1 legged squats.

Also i train alone and don't have a spotter, so i will be subbing monday/friday bench press with over head press. And was thinking subbing in push press on a wednesday instead of military press.

I will be practising boxing skills and maybe and doing some cardio on off days, resting saturday and sunday.

Also as boxing involves alot of shoulder work, i was wondering if this routine will help bring my other muscles up to speed with my shoudlders so to speak ?

Monday
Front Squat - 5 sets of 5
OHP - 5 sets of 5
J.S. Rows - 5 sets of 5
Hypers - 2 sets of 12
Sit ups - 4 sets of 5

Wednesday
1 Legged Squat - 4 sets of 5
Push Press - 4 sets of 5
Deadlift - 4 sets of 5
Chin Ups - 4 sets of 5
Sit ups - 3 sets of 10 (as a boxer this isn't much to me so was thinking of adding in more ab work)

Friday
Front Squat - 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
OHP - 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
J.S. Rows - 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back off
Barbell curls - 3 Sets of 8 (not sure if i want to waste my time doing curls might swap this for something will have to see)
Tricep Extensions - 3 Sets of 8

i usually dont bench either. db's, dips, and ohp do fine for my chest i think we are in for oposite reasons though.

i like it... fuck bench...
but i do think you would get better overalk body development with the back squats...

Lol if moya had a better bench he would have a higher powerlifting total and would do better haha:)

Top Bottom