Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my Cutting Diet/Routine

FSUAttack

Hey Guys,

Recently started my cutting diet/routine after a good six weeks of bulking up with a 4000 cal diet and a cycle of Deca 200. My goals now are to keep the muscle I've gained (as much as possible that is) and shred as much fat as possible.

Right now I am 5'10, 180. The only place I store fat on my body really is my stomach (and very slightly on my pecs). I could stand to lose a good 10 pounds of fat. I'm ready to lose that and if I can find some abs there somewhere...

Just looking for any helpful suggestions or weaknesses in my training/diet. Don't want to eat to few calories, but not to many either.

Here's my current diet, meals about 3 hours apart, and at least a gallon of water a day...

CAL / PRO / CARB

Breakfast: 400 / 19g / 89g
2 Starch: 1/2 cup otameal, 1 slice wheat bread
1 Fruit: 1 banana
1 Non-Fat Milk: 1 cup skim milk

Lunch: 370 / 40g / 44g
2 Starch: 2 slices wheat bread
1 Fruit: 1 apple
3oz Lean Meat: 3oz Chicken Breast
1 Fat: 1 tsp. regualr mayo

Snack / PreWorkout: 380 / 20g / 66g
2 Starch: 1 wholewheat bagel
1 Fruit: 1 serving fruit yogurt

Dinner / PostWorkout: 895 / 67g / 107
3 Starch: 2oz pasta, 1/2 cup corn
4 Vegetable: 1 cup mixed veg, 2 cup raw spinach
salad with a fat free dressing
5oz Lean Meat: 5oz Lean Ground Beef
4 Fat: taken care of with the ground beef

Evening Snack: 306 / 42g / 30g
1 Starch / 2 Non-Fat Milk: 2 cup skim milk with a scoop
of protein powder

Totals: 2351 kcal / 188g pro / 336g carb

I changed my workout routine from heavier lifting of 3sets of 6-8 to 3 sets of 10-15. I also work out 5-6 days a week instead of 4 before when bulking and run first thing in the mornings for 30 minutes three days a week (Tues, Thurs, Sat), and do 15 minutes -light- cardio on the bike after each workout.

3 sets of 10 - 15
3 exercises for large muscle groups
2 exercises for smaller groups

Day 1 - Chest and Tri's
Bench
Incline Bench
Decline Bench
French Curl Machine
Lying Tricep Extension (not sure if this is correct name - i think I have heard them refered to as 'skullcrushers')
15 min cardio on the bike

Day 2 - Legs
Squats
Lunges
Leg Press
Lying Leg Curl
Standing Leg Curl
Calf Press
Calf Sled

Day 3 - Back and Biceps
Pull-Ups
Pull-Downs
Cable Row
Straight Bar Curl
Preacher Machine Curl

Day 4 - Delts
Shoulder Press
High Pull
Shrugs

Day 5 - Rest

I am also taking George's PPA with this as well.

So far I am finishing the second week - lost a little bit already, but then again I also stoped using creatine when I started dieting - so I assume that's where most of it has come from. But, as far as in the gym - my weights are going up each week , so I take this as a good sign I am not burning to much muscle with my cardio. This is also because I am adjusting better to the high rep compared to before where I was putting up heavy weight 6-8 times.

Are the calories good? Too much/too little cardio? Are the carbs to high?

Any and all posts welcomed - I am interested in new ideas/opinions/arguments...

Thanks,

FSUAttack

Looks great- looks like my routine.
Although since youve been in the game long enough you prolly know how well your body reacts to milks lactose on a cutting diet.
If you can tolerate the extra carbs then keep it in there.

Question: Why barely any protein in preworkout?
My pre workout:
1 banana (25g C)
Fish/Chicken/Lean meats

NOW, the real critique:
your post workout sucks. You need FAST ABSORBING stuff postworkout. Try 1 g per kilo of bodyweight for post workout carbs. I weigh 70kg (160lbs about) and I get 70g of Carbs from 500ml Grape juice, and then I add a whey shake prepared with WATER (yuck) - but just add little water and taste should be ok.

So, 500ml fruit juice (grape, apple, or 700ml orange in my case) and some whey. A better carb postworkout is dextrose, very cheap : 10bucks for 10 kilos i believe. but it tastes like shit, so i hear.

then, 1/2 - 1 hr after that, eat your other post workout meal.

skip all the skim milk is MHO>

looks solid bro. well thought out. if you stick with that, youll drop that 10 lbs in about a month/ month and a half. i know cause i did it that way too. i was a bit higher though around 2600 cals. im at 168 now....taking in 2600 cals and STILL losing!

Thanks for the replies...

I think it should work out pretty good. Blood, I know I need more fast absorbing - but it's just a little more difficult to get that along with the frame set of the #'s of cal/pro/carb I want.

Any more replies welcome...

FSUAttack

My suggestion is dont fuck with your post workout.
U can tweak the meal times slightly if you must, but eat the meal i suggsted, trust me.

btw - is FSU a chill school^? you can pm me with the reply to not go offtopic.

Just a comment it's a pretty huge jump to go from 4000 calories to 2300 calories that's slashing your calories almost in half! To make sure your body doesn't click into starvation mode you might want to wind down your calories a bit more slowly 4000 -> 3500 -> 3000 -> 2500 over a fortnight or so

Yeah it is a pretty big jump, but I didn't do it overnight. After my 4k a day diet, I took the next week to eat whatever I wanted, except not to extremes. Eating 4k a day can be a real chore, so during that week I was defiinitley not averaging 4k a day. So then that week I had kinda slid down from 4k to 2500 - 3000 and then started the diet. It worked pretty good as I noticed I am kinda hungry - but I wasn't -starving- when I started it up.

I plan to do the same when I go off the diet. Slowly, so I am not used to eating 2300 and then all of a sudden jump back to 3000+, it will all get stored to fat...

the bullshit aside, i want to emphasize once again, just to piss you off (im a repetitive asswipe), you will not recover from your current ´postworkout´meal.
remember, you can have your orignal postworkout 30mins after postworkout (mine). Actually , its better you do it 1;2 - 1 hr.

just making sure you edit that in your diet

Top Bottom