Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creating a default body

nosoka3e

Not long ago I have read a study, where they said that you need to stay in a certain shape for two years to make your body consider it as a default shape. So basically, if you stay in good shape for two years, it will be the easiest form to get for your body. Is it true? Did you notice this on yourself?

i can tell you that if you have been skinny all your life then got out of shape, it is way easier to get skinny again then someone who was fat all their life

there is something called 'body memory'

and to those who disagree, i ask you why is it that you have pro athletes blow out knees then come back a year later and have great seasons? they couldn't walk for months then came back.. yet you have their peers training hard that whole time and unable to get better then them.. its genetics and its body memory.

It is true. The body wants homeostasis. Your body naturally has a body weight 'set point' it likes to be in. It is very hard to deviate from that set point. That's why you see some people who seem always thing no matter what they do and some people who constantly struggle with their weight.

Some if it is lifestyle and behavioural habits, i.e. thin people generally are more active, aren't as interested in food etc. but there is something to be set for the set point theory.

If you are naturally a thin person and gain a lot of weight and maintain it for a few years, it will become your body's new set point. The same is true for a heavy person loosing weight.

I completely agree with the guys above. Just like the guy who has always had visible abs, there is the guy that works hard but struggles to get there. You can change your body but it will be easier than others for some depending on their set point.

Top Bottom