Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

complained of flu-like symptoms after a particularly heavy workout

donsj

a friend of mine complained of flu-like symptoms after a particularly heavy workout early in training career, specifically she was doing rather heavy squat sets and afterwards had chills, sweats and actually was running a low grade fever, she speculated that it had something to do with toxins being released and I am submitting this thread on her behalf to see if anyone out there has experienced this
Online!

donsj said:
a friend of mine complained of flu-like symptoms after a particularly heavy workout early in training career, specifically she was doing rather heavy squat sets and afterwards had chills, sweats and actually was running a low grade fever, she speculated that it had something to do with toxins being released and I am submitting this thread on her behalf to see if anyone out there has experienced this
Online!

I know that a heavy leg workout jacks up your cortisol levels for several hours afterward which can cause jumpiness and insomnia. I think (anybody please correct if I wrong here) that it could also cause some generalized body aches too.

The flu like symptoms could have actually been a mild case of the flu. A heavy leg workout temporarily drains a lot of your body's resources. An opportinistic virus could take advantage of that and you could begin to get sick afterwards.

I was thinking cortisol, too. Maj (a physician) says too much can even give fever, etc...exactly what your friend experienced. That's why I try to keep my workouts intense, but short. (Cortisol production usually kicks into high gear after 40 minutes.) Not only does it make you feel crappy, but it also inhibits muscle growth.

I thought I was alone...I don't get flu-like symptoms however I do become faint when I'm doing Leg Extensions... while I'm doing them, I feel a little nautious & then almost feel like fainting. Then once I stop, I'm fine. What gives?

MissJanet79 said:
I thought I was alone...I don't get flu-like symptoms however I do become faint when I'm doing Leg Extensions... while I'm doing them, I feel a little nautious & then almost feel like fainting. Then once I stop, I'm fine. What gives?

Nausea and transistory light headedness are very common experiences when working legs. Means you're getting a good workout Ms. J. :)

Could have been the flu....I get really dizzy and sick to my stomach if I do heavey legs

If it's transitory like that, it could be loss of blood flow to the brain. (The leg muscles are so big, they take a lot of blood to fill up.)

Its the Flu.

I got it twice in the last month.

The next day after my leg workout I got the tickle cough in the back of my throat. Thats the way It always starts with me. Also the muscle aches.

I got some antibiotics from my doc, but stupid me didn't fininsh them, a couple weeks later did a sick chest workout and now I'm sick again.

Just dress warm if live in a cold area.
I know some people after there workout feel so hot they don't bother to put there hat back on or zip up there jacket when returning to there car.

Other then that eat good food.

anya said:
Nausea and transistory light headedness are very common experiences when working legs. Means you're getting a good workout Ms. J. :)
Sounds good to me! I'll remember this today (leg day) when I'm ready to vomit all over the place!! LOL... COOL! :qt: Whatever gets the job done - perhaps I should get a "barf bag" just in case! Thx...

Top Bottom