Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Competition tomorrow

bnjohnson46

Im 16 and play football so my team has an annual lifting competition. My squat max is 475, bench 245, power clean 235. Im in the 196-206 lb weight class. I weigh 201 lbs. How can i prepare myself to get the lifts that i got a couple of weeks ago tomorrow? Like what should i eat or not eat tomorrow morning, what kind of stretches? Etc. Also i have the option to lift up a weight class if i want. Im the third highest lifter on the team but the second highest is in my weight class. (Senior with multiple D1 offers) should i do this if im confident i could win the class i jump to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I'm a little late on this. But here are a few tips for lifting your best the next day include:

1. If you've been training all along, stop lifting 3-5 days before you'll be maxing out, or, if this isn't possible (because of lifting in football practice) at least deload how much you're lifting.

2. Don't max out for 6-8 weeks prior to the competition. Just build your strength.

3. Eat breakfast 2-3 hours before warm-ups. I'd recommend some chicken/steak, oats and an apple. Avoid fatty meats (bacon/sausage) and high-glycemic carbs (bagels, breakfast cakes, white/whole wheat bread/sports drinks) that will pull blood out of your muscles and into stomach for digestion.

4. Just do any normal stretching routine that you do before warming up with the weights. I like to do a little mild cardio followed by static stretches. For warming up, this can be an individual thing, but I like to do 4 sets of the exercise I'm about to perform: Set #1, 8 reps at 50% of max; Set #2, 5 reps at 60% of max; Set #3, 3 reps at 70% of max; Set #4, 1 rep at 80% of max. I also give myself 3-5 minutes rest in between each of these.

5. Don't overload on supplements/caffeine the day you're lifting. Some guys drastically change this the day of max-out lifts - taking way more creatine or caffeine for example - and feel like shit in the process.

Top Bottom