Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Combatting insomnia from stims

Applehead23

Love taking pre-workouts and/or stims, whether I'm cutting or just trying to get an extra edge in the gym.

Problem is, a lot of times I get awful insomnia. Nothing worse than being up all night knowing u gotta get up at 6 for work.

Tylenol pm has lost all it's potency, I've used it so much it stops working. Melatonin seems to work sometimes, but not always, don't want a script to anything, any other suggestions?

maybe your body responds too well to them? try taking them earlier than you usually do. if you can't sleep, i cant see how taking them earlier will hurt your energy levels for your workout.

also. stay away from pms. melatonin will work if you want it to work.
Turn off your tv. turn off your computer.
Then take melatonin 5mg, 10 min before getting into bed (most common sold at pharms is 3mg pill, they do sell 5mg for folks like us who... well are awake at 7am bc he didnt take melatonin ;).

get in bed. and think of sleep.
i promise you will sleep.

this is one of those times where it truly is "all in your head".
in the air force they taught us some interesting things about sleep in aircrew fundies school. we with insomnia stay awake because we dont try hard enough to sleep. sleep is not like breathing. our body wont force it on us unless its ABSOLUTE EXHAUSTION. You have to want it. Want it bro. turn the lights out. give yourself some white noise (say a fan blade?) and konk out.

thank me later.

you will sleep like a little angel your next sleep after reading this.
in fact if you read it in day, reread it at night.
you're gonna sleep so well after popping that melatonin 5mg and closing your eyes and falling into a deep comfortable sleep.

I would start taking your stims an hour or two before your workout and see how that treats you

yep. start with this and then keep backing down. I used to take eca at 5pm before running then lifting at 6pm. I now take my pwo stim at 2. kicks in 2:30-2:45 and last ~5 hrs. it wears off 8pm-9pm.

also I bought some tryptophan, melatonin and valerian root. I alternate them if I'm havin difficulty gettin zzzzz's.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the Elitefitness App.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will definitely try them, especially no stims after 2 pm or so. I will also give melatonin another shot. thanks for taking the time to reply!

www.needtobuildmuscle.com

they have a formula of all the natural, non habit forming sleep aids in one pill. it looked pricey but then I saw how many servings and it a hell of a deal. its called n2sleep.

yep. start with this and then keep backing down. I used to take eca at 5pm before running then lifting at 6pm. I now take my pwo stim at 2. kicks in 2:30-2:45 and last ~5 hrs. it wears off 8pm-9pm.

also I bought some tryptophan, melatonin and valerian root. I alternate them if I'm havin difficulty gettin zzzzz's.

this

most stims have a 6 hour half life. I never take stims after 2. I want to be in bed by ten. If I take stim at 2 and workout at 5, it's still in my system. I take a pre workout that doesn't have any stims at night

this

most stims have a 6 hour half life. I never take stims after 2. I want to be in bed by ten. If I take stim at 2 and workout at 5, it's still in my system. I take a pre workout that doesn't have any stims at night

Which stim-less pre workout do u use?

Top Bottom