Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

College And Nutrition

mrOkes

:fro:

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AND IDEA ON HOW TO PROPRLY PLAN MY MEALS WHILE IM IN COLLEGE BECAUSE THEY ONLY OFFER 3 MEALS A DAY AND AFTER THAT YOU HAVE TO STARVE TO DEATH. IS ANY ELSE IN COLLEGE HAVING ANY SUCCESS PACKING ON MASS. PLEAS HELP.

im in college, and what i do is steal fruit and vegetables from the caf (i take like 1 after each meal) and buy a thing of whey protein(its pretty cheap...even we college students should eb able to afford it). in the mornings i have a whey protein shake (this is also decent for a post workout meal). i east less in the caf, and what i eat mostly high protein stuff. if i get hungry between meals (which I usually do), I eat some of the fruit or vegetables that i swiped from the caf. I know this isnt the ideal diet, but its decent, and its not that hard to do on a student's budget. the only thing that kills me is all the beer... im still working on cutting that out.

You can buy 3 dozen eggs and 8 cans of tuna for around 8 bucks (depending on what brands and type you buy). There's an extra 500 or 600 grams of excellent protein a week in addition to your meals. Add some protein powder in the mix and you should be set (and still have money left over).

Well we do pay up the ass for those meal plans so I see no reason not to swipe a few things for later like sd526 recommends, and I do too. In addition to fruits, you could also make up a extra deli meat or peanut butter sandwich and have that in between your three cafeteria meals. Sometimes I'll take my thermos and fill it up with milk too. I dunno how your school is setup (I attend Arizona State) but part of our meal plans we also get food points good at the food shops on campus, which I found out sell Met-Rx protein bars so I buy them alot of the time since those points can only be used on food.

Could also goto Walmart or Costco or Sam's Club etc and get a big thing of canned tuna for dirt cheap, same with oatmeal, peanut butter, etc. I mix dry oatmeal in with alot of different things, apple sauce, yogurt, protein shakes, etc.

As a college student and a fraternity brother, I also find it hard to get good nutrition at school, especially while living in the house. That's pobably why I'm working so hard to get in to another shape besides round. There is absolutely no way to avoid beer in college, the best thing I've done which has cut a bit of weight, is when you have beer, keep it to one or two light ones, Amstel Light has 95 calories and is not bad at all. Other than that... Vodka has approx. 100 cal per shot, so get wasted in shorter time, if you like mixed drinks stay away from your juice and dark drinks b/c full of sugar, and other shit. my drink of choice for now is a vodka tonic w/ lime twist, about 150 cal per drink.

The key obviously is to stop eating the caf food. Fuck the fruits. Get up early and prepare your meals in advance. It shouldn't be too hard to prepare tuna sandwiches on wwbread with some mayo, and then a banana. Go like this in between classes, and constantly drink water. You could also prepare them the night before. In any case, im a student and the least of my worries is the class schedule as that is simply a question of "do you really want it that bad" kinda thing, know what im sayin. If you want it bad enough, you will not let college get in the way of your nutrition.

Like genetiking said, tuna and eggs are not expensive at all. What else do you need? Bread? Fruits? Whey (optional for post workout, although better, it CAN be substituted for eggwhites).

Shit like this. It's easy. Good luck.

Top Bottom