Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

colder weather cardio

There was a study done on marathon runners and it concluded that 41 degrees is the optimal temp for sustained running.

yeah.. I once had it explained like this, if your toes are not frost bitten at the start of a marathon, the heat is going to kill you at the end.

I can do a 5k race in about 2-3 minutes in cold dry weather than I can in hot humid.

Body temp to me is one of the key fatigue factors. My wife is just he opposite. She loves to run in the heat / hates the cold.

Another reason I don't care much for treadmills either, cardio rooms are always a bit too warm.
Okay, now I'm probably going to end up going into more detail than anyone is really interested in ... but I'm actually one of those rare women who is not "freezing" all the time. I keep my house quite cool in the winter and generally am able to tolerate the cold well (hell, I wear shorts outside until the temperature is below 55), except for the damned wind in my face!!! I've got light sensitive eyes so I have to wear sunglasses and I have been unable to figure out how to cover the exposed parts of my face without ending up with foggy glasses :mad:

Top Bottom