Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD On the road?

Big j XXL

For all the low carb diet experts out their, I have a question.

I work away from home all week and stay in motels. I was wondering what you guys would suggest to eat for breakfast .

Keep in mind that I am staying in a motel. I have a small bar fridge, . What would you guys suggest?

I suppose I could go to the restaurant down the road for bacon and eggs but that gets costly doing it every day.

Also if any ones got any good ideas for preparing low carb meals on the road I would appreciate it.

mcdonalds cheese steak bagel minus the bagel. its so greasy and good its like eating a freakin candle, or just have a low carb bar ( or beef jerkey,pepperoni,,etc)to hold you over untill lunch time and attack BK or mcdonalds

HaHa if it were only so easy. Thats a great idea but unfortunatly(sp?) the jerkoff town I'm working in doesnt have a Mcdonalds.

I was thinking abot making some protien pancakes or low carb waffle's and freezing them, then just heating them up in a toaster in the am

buy a deep frier... i just got a lil one and its easy as hell to cook wit...put 2 cups of virgin olive oil put some pork chops in ...5 minlater crispy pork chops...or put in fridge take um out when u ready and put in micro wave... save the oil ;) yes ghetto but shit thats 2 cups lol.... put chicken wings...its really great for keto i think...its like the foreman grille but for keto lol

Buy a milkshake container, bring some whey protein powder, canola oil and psyllium husks along with you....

.... mix it up in the right ratios, and store it in the fridge. When it comes time, just add water and drink.

That's what I do.

Dial_tone said:
If they have a grocery to buy some sliced deli meats and cheese. I use these "meat rollups" as snacks all day.

good idea...lunch meat, cheese, olives, hamsteaks, cans of tuna of course...., mayo, salad dressing, cottage cheese, nuts, protein bars, pickeled eggs,

i like to take tuna and mayo, and spread it on leaves of lettuce.....

all of this needs no preparation really, can be eaten without any utensils for the most part, and can fit in a little fridge.

good stuff guys. I will definately be brining those things along and I'm gonna bring my foreman grill and cook cheese burgers at nite

Last edited:
Rez - I don't know what kind of mayo you're used to, but mine has 0 carbs/0 sugar. I'm a Hain canola mayo fan.

I have the same problems - it's hard to travel on a CKD. You can usually buy small, pre-cooked turkey breasts in the meat section - they're cheaper per lb. than the deli turkey breast, and they actually look like real turkey. You could also pre-cook chicken breasts and eat them cold with a little mayo. Do you have a microwave in your room or access to one? You can always scramble eggs in the microwave. I tend to be lazy though, and just order an omelette from room service. I get to expense my travel, so I don't have to worry about the cost. :)

Top Bottom