Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cimetidine sounds BAD!

growin'

Cimetidine causes gyno!

Well after my interest in adding cimetidine(Tagamet) to my clen, I purchased a generic box of it at Target. I saw something on the board a while ago about tagamet causing gyno. I don't understand the way it would do it, but according to quite a few sources I saw online, it does cause gyno. Here's one sample I found:

http://www.neonatology.org/ref/meds/med26.html

Generic Name Cimetidine
Brand Name Tagamet
Indications Hyperacidity, GI hemorrhage, ulcer.
Dose 10-20 mg/kg/day divided q 6 hrs.
IV concentration not to exceed 6 mg/ml (per CSMC Pharmacy as of 12/2/92).

May titrate dose to keep gastric pH > 5.

Route IV, PO
Levels and Metabolism Primarily renal excretion (50-70% unchanged). Half life is 1.5-2 hours. Decrease dose in renal impairment.
Toxicity In adults: diarrhea, dizziness, myalgia, rash, gynecomastia, confusion or psychosis (reversible), elevated creatinine, elevated SGOT and SGPT, possibly neutropenia.
Cimetidine has been reported to increase the pharmacologic effects or toxicity of alprazolam, carmustine, chlordiazepoxide, clorazepate, diazepam, flurazepam, lidocaine, metoprolol, phenytoin, procainamide, propranolol, quinidine, theophylline, triazolam, and warfarin.

References Pediatric Drug Handbook, 2nd edition, 1988, page 389.

Last edited:
It was noted that amle breast swelling usually subsides after discontinuation. Sounds like Ketotifen is the only way to go.

Top Bottom