Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chicken tenders?

bishonen

Does anyone know anything about the makeup of chicken tenders?

From what I understand, they're the piece of meat that runs underneath the breast. 99% fat-free, and they have a little bit of tendon in them.

But, they seem much less dense than chicken breast. More water-weight, I think.

The price is right on them, but is it worth it, protein-wise?

Thanks guys.

Protein content is relative to almost all portions of a chicken. It is mainly the fat content that differs. If you like the plain taste of the leaner portions (like tenders), than go for it. Tenders to me are more convenient than spending half my night being a butcher.

Aas long as its chicken, the protein content is there. So, knock yourself out! Make sure to weigh in the fat content too, you don't want to be consuming too much fat per gram of protein they offer. If the tenders are the part I think you are referring to though, they are pretty lean anyway! Chicken has relatively close amounts of protein no matter what part of the bird the meat comes from... I have never really used just the tenders, but I have used the whole chicken before roasted or bar-b-q'd, and lemme tell ya, thats a damn good option too, and cheap as hell

you got answers over there. we all said stick with the boneless skinless breasts. why are you so stuck on chicken tenders? are they cheap or something? whats wrong with eating breasts? they are larger, more meat and i bet you they taste the same

Pineapple Devil said:
why are you so stuck on chicken tenders? are they cheap or something? whats wrong with eating breasts?

Can't beat the $1.38 price tag on the tenders, for 99% lean. Did you see the picture I posted in the other thread?

And yeah, I'm trying to cut costs. Nothing is wrong with chicken breasts, they're just a bit more expensive.

And for what it's worth, I posted this thread first, got no responses, then posted on the diet discussion board.. Not the other way around.

If you get the Tyson brand stuff in your grocery store they have huge bags of frozen chicken tenders and breasts really cheap low in fat and high in protein

Top Bottom