Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest routine with rotator warmups....

Tryn2

What does your chest routine look like? Including the warmups, Im wondering if Im warming up coreectly. Also I never do rotator excersises I want to include this as a warm up. Anyone care to share.
Chest
I do like 20 reps with the bar
then 2 sets of 12 or so with like 75lbs...
then 10x135
10x185
6x205
5x205
When I do say the 185 I can feel it in my wrists and shoulder joints. Especially right when Im done...

I have just started doing flat bench after about a year layoff due to a rotator cuff tear. I haven't even attempted 100 yet, but I warm up with several rotator cuff specific DB exercises. Most, if not all, come from Ken O'Neill's rotator cuff program (I am pretty sure it is in the sticky at the top of the page). These definitely help as a warmup. Just make sure you are hitting all angles (i.e. internat rotating movements, external rotating movements...).

Here's a good site that describes the different cuff exercises although they don't have any pictures.

http://www.protraineronline.com/past/march2002/optimizing.cfm

I would do them after my regular workout so as not to pre exhaust them.

My chest routine is like this

incline bb press 4x6
flat bb or db press 3x8-10
decline bb press 3x 6-8
hammer strength wide chest 2x8-10
cable crossovers 3x10

My warmups are 2 sets @ 8-10 easy reps, just to warm the joints up. Then I will move up to my working weights.

Top Bottom