Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

chest rep question

worksux

for the past couple of weeks i've been doing a 4x10 workout for my my bench and incline. and every week i increase the weight 5 pounds or add an extra rep. but i started to realized that on some weight i can hit 4x10 but with 5 pounds added the next week. i can hit the first 3x10 but on the last on ill fail after about 4 reps. so ill keep the same weight the week after and itll be the same.

what im thinking of doing now is to up the weight and do a 3x10 workout instead of a 4x10 for bench and incline.

do you guys think this would be beneficial? im trying to add mass btw.

I did the 5x5 method before this. Another option I was thinking of was doing the same weight but do 3x10 and then 1 set till failure after it. Shud I do that or do just 3x10?

i dont think im plateauing i can always hit the first 3 sets. for the up coming week i plan on adding 5 pounds but do 4x9. and the week after that do 4x10 with the same weight.

if its still not working im planning on just doing 3x10 at a high weight and then drop a couple of pounds and do 1 set till failure. im trying to achieve Hypertrophy. will this work?

JUst do the 3x10 and keep adding the 5lbs every week until you hit the plateau, them you make the changes! No need for 4 sets of each, that's what your body is telling you!

what was wrong with the 5x5? Why did you stop doing that? Did it produce results (were you increasing weight on the bar every week)? Did it stop producing results?

Are you using the same weight for all 4 of those sets? Those are all in addition to your warmup sets? Too much volume if so. Hope you're not trying to use the same weight as you were doing the 5x5.

no im using less weight than 5x5 and im gaining more size with the 4x10 workout. but im going to finish this month off with 3x10. and then switch to 5x5. im going to start to alternate between 5x5 and 3x10 (every couple of months) to prevent platueing.

Top Bottom