Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Chest Problem

Icculus

I just started doing barbell bench press instead of dumbbells and I find that I can't do shit with my tricep workout....got me thinking that I'm cheating my chest a bit.

How do I avoid doing this? What's the best grip? (I do a little bit beyond shoulder width.)

you grip width is good....I'd suggest just going up untill your arms are at about a 45 degree angle...this will take most of your tri's out of the lift. Since you obviously wanting to take you tri's out of it....I'd suggest doing more exercises like pec-deck flies to isolate your pecs.
pm me if you need any other advice

I stopped doing pec-dec flies cuz' I find that I start to lean too much with my shoulders, causing a lot of strain on my rotator cuff. Plus, I heard that they don't create as large of mass gains as bench would.

Any thoughts, fellas? What do you all think of the wide grip, hammer strength machines?

try wider grip bench presses than what ever grip your doing now.if you have access to hamer strength try that too.you have to experiment to find what works for you.when you bring your hands closer in on the bar ,you'll start using your triceps more.also if you do like the feel of the flyes(pec deck) try doing them laying on a flat bench and it will be easier to do them with good form and not shrug your shoulders in.hope that helped alittle..:mix:
home_vampirecostume.gif
in the pain zone

Top Bottom