Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Checkin in, few q's...

DaveNY

Hey all-

So I've been religious about the gym for the past few months... I've also kept the lbs off without ECA. I'm now down to 159, doing 30 min of cardio 6-7 days a week. I had to give up ECA because it interferes with a new medication. I've also quit drinking.

I have a shake for breakfast, cup of oatmeal, 34g whey, tbsp of nat pb, half a banana, water. After gym, myoplex shake with 17g whey, other half of banana, tbsp of nat pb, water. Run 3-4 miles 30 minutes later. Dinner 45 min later, salmon, big salad with o&v, feta, sunflower seeds. Latenight, tuna on a slice of bread or 5 eggs scrambled. I would eat more, but my sleep schedule is 3am - 11:30 am.

My lifts have all increased, but my definition in my lower chest is still really lagging...and I think my arms are starting to look like twigs cause my back is getting bigger. I decided to begin working chest twice a week...so far I like it. So my split is looking something like this...

Monday- Chest

Incline BB 3 sets, 12x115, 8x135, 5x145
Flat Bench DB 3 sets, 10x50's, 8x55's, 8x60's
Dips 2-3 sets to failure
Fly Machine 3 sets to failure
Skull Crushers, then brought to chest for close-grip bench, 3 sets to failure, 55 (bar+plates)

Tuesday- Back

T-bar Rows 3 sets of 12-15, plate weight 80, 100, 110
**Dead Lift 4 sets, 10x105, 10x125, 8x145, 5x145
Bent-over Rows 3 sets to failure, 95
Lawnmower Pulls DB 3 sets to each side, 10x50, 10x55, 10x55
Lat Pulldowns (wide grip), 2 sets to failure
Lat Pulldowns (close grip), 2 sets to failure
Seated Cable Rows, 2 sets to failure

Wednesday- Rest, Cardio

Thursday- Chest

Incline DB 3 sets, 10x50's, 8x55's, 8x60's
Flat Bench BB 3 sets, 12x135, 10x145, 8x155
Dips 2-3 sets to failure
Incline DB Flys, 3 sets of 10, 35lb db
Cable Flys, 2 sets to failure
Pec Deck Machine, 3 sets supersetted to failure
Tricep Rope Pulldown, 3 sets supersetted to failure

Friday- Bi's and Forearms

Preacher Curl, 3 sets, 12x65, 12x75, 8-10x85
Seated DB Curl, 2 sets, 12x35lb, 10-12x35lb
Seated Hammer Curls, 2 sets, 10-12x35lb, 8-10x35lb
21's with BB, no plates, 2-3 sets, 45lb
Reverse Preacher Curl, 2 sets, 10x45, 8x55
Wrist Curl behind back with BB, 2 sets, 20x85, 15x85
Reverse Wrist Curl seated with DB, 2 sets, 10x20's, 10x15's

Saturday- Shoulders

Seated BB Smith Presses to front, 4 sets, 15x85, 10x105, 8x115, 5x125
Front DB Raises, 2 sets, 15x20's, 15x20's
Side DB Raises, straight arm, 2 sets, 10x20's, 10x20's
Side DB Raises, arms at 90deg, 2 sets, 10x25's, 10x25's
Upright Rows BB, 2 sets, 15x95, 10x105
DB Rows, elbows out, 2 sets, 10x45's, 10x50's
Rear Delt Machine, 3 sets of 170lb to failure

Sunday - Rest

So that's it, pretty much. I do abs when I feel like it. I don't do legs because I don't want big tree trunks.
And the ** is that I did deadlifts for the first time ever today. I really liked them, though I thought I was gonna hurl at the end, and my hammies are killing me. My legs shook for the remainder of my workout, blame that on me not working my legs ever.

My stats: 19 (20 in august), 5'9"ish, 159lbs.

My goals: get a lil bigger, stronger, stay lean, cut up a bit more, lose some fat in my chest.

Should I add creatine to my diet? I think I may try to bulk over winter with n-large and then cut up for summer '02. Would creatine help now to get a bit bigger but keep trim through summer? I really don't want to gain fat cause my abs don't show that well, though my stomach is flat. I was also thinking of getting some hemp seed oil or flax to aid in fat loss. Good idea?

Thanks for any help/critiques.

:fro: DaveNY

Wow shows you have lots of dedication and the routine looks great, very close to mine. But i still think you should work the legs, who cares if they look tree trunks, it'll show how strong you are. I don't know about the creatine, i myself do not use it and never will, i was gifted a a great body and don't need the stuff. But thats me, other people are different. I think you should work the abs more though, i am in ur situation, completely flat and they still don't show... i am thinking of getting cutting gel pretty soon if i don't get any results in the next 2 weeks. Good luck and do ur legs! lol :D

~WizKid :kaioken:

Anyone have some advice about Creatine/Diet Changes/Bulking/Cutting?

Bump!

Thanks for the reply Wiz...

Why are you working chest twice a week and not legs at all? Trust me, in the long run you will look much better if you keep your muscles proportional and work the whole body rather than only the "show" muscles.

I may start doing legs again...I'm being flamed into trying.

I also got me some creatine today...I took a scoop before the gym and one afterwards with my myoplex shake. I may do this routine for the next 5 days and then switch to only drinking it with my myoplex post-workout. Does that sound right?

Again, Thanks for the info...

DaveNY :fro:

Your thursday chest routine has way too many exercises. You can totally cut out all fly movements on that day including the pec dec. Frankly I think they are a waste of time and I'm sure a few here will agree with me. But if you really want to do them only add one fly exercise.

Top Bottom