Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

changing routine?

Nathan

I always try to swtich up the order of my exercises. However, there are one or two exercises that I always begin with on leg day, etc. For example, I always start with squats because otherwise I can't do 'em nearly as well with the same confidence (it's not at all fun doing 'em when your legs are already tired and shaky). Actually, that's the only exercise I insist on starting with. Advice? Does anyone think that it's okay to not push squats back?

I generally start with the heaviest/hardest exercise, for whatever bodypart i happen to be working at the time, first.

don't mix exercises every week.

Keep the same routine and order every week so you can track progress better.

Mixing up the routine is just a psychological thing, unless your gains really have dried up - if so i would suggest analyzing your diet first before you switch up training.

So I should fix the type and order of exercises in my workouts for 8-10 weeks at a time? I usually keep most things the same but will, for example, do incline bench press onw week then flat bench the next, etc. If everyone agrees that keeping order fixed is best then sounds good. Thanks

Don't set yourself a time limit of setting exercises. Just do them.

Fixed order. Keep track of progression. Once gains seem to be drying up [depending on your goals] - eat more.

Just like Robboe said, you will know when its time to change when your having to do numerous forced reps to improve upon what you did the previous week.

Top Bottom