Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cell Tech and Cutting

calvinIII

What do you guys think,
Should creatine be used when cutting or not.
Also does Cell Tech have too much sugar or is it high quality Dextrose and will it be ok in a cutting cycle? If you keep the calories low?

creatine can be used at any time, though you wont get the same uptake when cutting (unless you insulin spike.. high carb after workout-- which cell tech at a higher than necessary cost will provide

cell tech is a rip off. You can get dextrose and better creatine for less money, even a quarter of the price. But if you're cutting you do have to be careful w/ the dextrose. It's not so much a matter w/ the creatine, but w/ the extra carbs you're throwing into the system.

You have talked me into returning the Cell Tech, but should I even use creatine while cutting?
Also, should I add some ALA and Flax oil, to my list?

Flax and ALA I take whether I'm cutting or not. They're excellent supplements and both serve many purposes.

As far as creatine goes if you don't mind the extra water retention while cutting do it. I personally don't like all that water retention when i'm trying to cut and define, i prefer it when bulking.

originally posted by calvinIII
What do you guys think,
Should creatine be used when cutting or not.
Also does Cell Tech have too much sugar or is it high quality Dextrose and will it be ok in a cutting cycle? If you keep the calories low?

Dextrose is dextrose. It's a high glycemic carbohydrate. End of story. It's going to make your body release insulin to bring your blood-glucose levels back down to the norm, with that, shuttling any nutrients currently in the system to the muscle cells. So if there's more than just protein there, than you run the risk of shuttling fat to the muscle cell as well.
A little sugar won't be bad thing, at least post workout time. Taking that sugar is important to initiate glycogen synthesis. If you're that worried about it, then just stay away from the dextrose. Just take straight creatine without the dextrose. Use ALA instead. You'll be fine.
Another important point, creatine should theoretically make you hold water within the muscle cell, not between the muscle and skin. Water within your muscle cell is a good thing, not a bad thing. Granted, too much could counteract your process of getting lean(well, more of getting that hard look), but you don't want to be too dehydrated.
Make sure you're getting plenty of potassium, magnesium, and calcium through out the day. Depleating sodium should work fine to keep you from holding too much water, so that way you don't have to cut back on the creatine.

Top Bottom