Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carpal Tunnal Surgery

gautho

Elite Mentor
Platinum
Anyone know much about CTS and how long will it set back the weight training after surgery?

It can take a while to get back into strength training. Although considered a minor procedure (all they do is snip the flexor retinaculum), it can take a pretty long time of rehab before you can lift heavy amounts of weight.

I think you will do great, you have a wonderful wife that will help you through it all. And I am sure it does not hurt that she is totally HOT!! Ask her to wait on you hand and foot...make it worth it.

Some options would be to try treatment methods for approx 2 weeks to see if it helps alleviate issues. Some of the treatment methods include wearing wrist splint on effected side, taking anti inflammatory meds(ibuprofen) on a daily schedule, and steroid shots in the effected areas.

I have been ordered (as I have severe carpal tunnel on both right and left sides) to wear splints and take 2,400 mg ibuprofen a day. Although I never listen to physicians, I am terrible. I have reduced the amount of ibuprofen as I have been on them daily for far too long as a result of previous migraine treatments and then now this. I also do not wear the braces, though I am tempted to go buy them due to this friggin pain. Another thing I use is skeletalbalm which is a joint aid rub that seems to be helpful so far.

Top Bottom