Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio

Cutiebolic

High End Bro
Platinum
Hey Ladies!

Love to see this forum bumping so I thought I'd toss this one out there....

I'm getting ready for a show and am currently splitting my cardio between the morning and the evening (2, 30 minute sessions) for the sake of time management.

I usually do the first cardio session fasted in the morning and then after work I lift and follow it up with the rest of my cardio.

I'm wondering if I'm shortchanging myself on fat loss, though, for a few reasons.

If I really start burning fat after 20 minutes, then I only have 10 minutes of real "fat burning" cardio, giving me a total of 20 minutes of this for the day. Whereas if I were to do it all at once I would have 40 of these precious minutes.

OR

Do you think I'm burning more by getting my metabolism going in the morning (and hence maintaining that calorie burn throughout the day) and then trying another pump in the evening?

I know this is typical for my questions, but I'm more interested in what has worked for you than in what you've read! I have read a lot on this stuff... It's the results I wanna hear about!

Divulge ;)

xo,
C

As far as I know it takes an hour roughly to burn off any lingering glycogen in the muscles and to begin burning fat for energy. If you eat more carbs you will have more stored. if you are on a very low carb diet you will not have much stored.

Hey C...

My own opinion is that by the time you're in prep mode and doing two cardio sessions a day, the main focus is really to create that overall caloric deficit for the 24 hour day. The fat burning timelines are so dependant on what type of diet you're on, your carb levels, if/when you refeed, meal timing etc.

How many weeks do you have left??

Oy... Seven today!!! I put a pic from this afternoon (after lunch so I couldn't really suck in my gut, lol!) in my profile.

Still haven't decided whether gonna compete bikini or figure. Would love any feedback. I know I have a long way to go though!

I think your pic looks really good. It's tough to say bikini or figure without a full body (I know...boo). What organization are you competing in??

I think your pic looks really good. It's tough to say bikini or figure without a full body (I know...boo). What organization are you competing in??

Thanks and yes, no booty shots for another couple weeks! ;p

NPC... I don't think there's a way I'm going to get lean enough for figure without losing all my mass for this comp date. Will probably go bikini now and pick something a little further out. No matter what I'm going to be a little big for bikini and a little small for figure this year. Looking forward to building some lbm after this show but keeping the bf down.

Good luck Hun and keep up the hard work. I really admire you lot having guts to get up there and show off all your hard work !

Donna

Top Bottom