Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio advice

Rex

With my sprained ankle I won't be running for a while. This has given me time to re-evaluate my training. Most importantly cardio has to be changed dramaticly. Never was a big fan but, ice hockey starts in about 3 months, and is in full swing by late November. I have a chance at making varsity, so I wanna be in better cardio condition than those who did nothing over summer.

What do you guys do for cardio? How long? How often? Ect.

my cardio consists mainly of running in the morning...I throw some swimming in occasionally. You could try swimming...see how your ankle feels.

Thanks Buck. Right now the one ankle is twice the fucking size of the other. [Thank God its my left and I can still drive.] I'll give the swimming a shot until the ankle heals. My gym now has a pool, but they're rumoured to file for bankcruptcy soon, so I gotta see if the Y has one.

kung-fu once a week.....it might be stressful on the ankle. i also do bag work every once in a while, thats great cardio but you gots to go mental and punch like mad for it to work.

i also play football once a week, again might be bad for ur ankle. swimming sounds nice. since in rowing ur feet are stationary maybe that. or cycling?

Danielson, thanks. I got a heavy bag in my basement. I've been known to go off the handle once in a while and instead of breaking shit, the bag proves to be a good release. Also good training for those hockey fights that I seem to get into. Never lost though. I even beat the shit out of a guy that was on top of me. Had him turtling and everything, what a little puss he was. ;)

I know it's boring as hell but, given your sprained ankle, you might try one of those sit down excercise bikes.

Gym I may have to do just that. Starting tonight while MNF is on, I'm finding that damn bike, cycling, and watching the game.

Fucking injuries piss me off so bad that I want to work even harder w/ them. But I know I can't. :mad: :mad: Guess I just have to put it on the day-to-day though.

Top Bottom