Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardiac lesions induced by testosterone...good read

U

UA_Iron

Cardiac Lesions Induced by Testosterone: Protective Effects of Dexrazoxane and Trimetazidine

Abstract

Further to our previous observation of post-mortem cardiac lesions after sudden death in several athletes with a history of anabolic steroid abuse, this study was intended to reproduce these lesions in rabbits administered testosterone oenanthate, a prototypic anabolic steroid abused by athletes, and to provide evidence for the protective effects of trimetazidine and dexrazoxane that are used as antianginal and cardioprotective drugs, respectively. Groups of six rabbits each were administered saline, testosterone, or a combination of testosterone and either trimetazidine or dexrazoxane for 3 months. Histologic cardiac lesions including necrosis, misshapen cell nuclei, interstitial and endocardial fibrosis, lymphocytic infiltrates, and vascular dystrophies were observed in testosterone-treated rabbits. In contrast, no significant lesions were observed in the animals treated with testosterone combined with either trimetazidine or dexrazoxane. This is the first study providing evidence for testosterone cardiotoxicity following sub-chronic exposure in laboratory animals. In addition, these results suggest the protective role of trimetazidine and dexrazoxane.

I wonder what doses constitute "abuse."

Looks like there are drugs to combat this however...but this is an interesting study none the less.

I thought the same thing during a house episode. A patient had Peliosis hepitus and Endocarditis and they said those are two issues common with steroid abuse

That's way too general. people with a hidtory of steroid abuse probably have a history of abusing lots of things, most notably stimulants, which are far more detrimental to heart health. I'm not sure what they did to those rabbits but if they gave them grams of test and forced them to run, that'd be a good way to prove a point -- if you're trying to prove it.

Kinda off topic but I'd like input from Nelson and the rest of you...

A guy I know was running test only, cruising as far as I know...either my age (25) or close to it, can't recall. But he said he had to stop because he was having heart issues...I got into a debate with the person who told me, I wasn't seeing the direct correlation with test and heart issues, I said unless he was taking other shit with it, test wouldn't directly do that...blood pressure possibly, as an indirect cause, but I didn't see test being the direct cause unless other stuff was happening, like other drugs, genetic abnormalities, etc

Discuss?

Steroid use has been shown to cause left ventricular hypertrophy, thickening of the ventricular wall and decrease is the ventricular cavity size. I doubt that would be something you would notice while on a cycle however. If you are having "heart problems" on cycle I would guess its blood pressure and or polycythemia related, with loss of endurance to go with it.

That's way too general. people with a hidtory of steroid abuse probably have a history of abusing lots of things, most notably stimulants, which are far more detrimental to heart health. I'm not sure what they did to those rabbits but if they gave them grams of test and forced them to run, that'd be a good way to prove a point -- if you're trying to prove it.

The only point the abstract proves is that the two drugs tested have some sort of protective affect over lesions - specifically those caused by testosterone.

And yes, I agree ultimately. "Steroids" include many thing other compounds than test enanthate. Who knows the real causes of the death behind the athletes mentioned as the motivators - I'll see if I can't pull the full study on monday and if it gives more insight. Typically other drugs are included with steroids - including HGH, which has been shown to contribute to heart enlargement, and stimulants to combat the lethargy caused by all the drugs which would also contribute. The pros that take 30ius + of HGH/day need the stimulants to stay awake hah.

A guy I know was running test only, cruising as far as I know...either my age (25) or close to it, can't recall. But he said he had to stop because he was having heart issues...I got into a debate with the person who told me, I wasn't seeing the direct correlation with test and heart issues, I said unless he was taking other shit with it, test wouldn't directly do that...blood pressure possibly, as an indirect cause, but I didn't see test being the direct cause unless other stuff was happening, like other drugs, genetic abnormalities, etc

Discuss?

Any number of mysterious reasons could be the cause of "heart issues."

It was probably thickening of the left ventricular wall like headholio referred to. Measurements of 12mm plus cardiologists tell you is a bad thing - but many athletes, especially powerlifters, have this problem.

If it was something else you'd have to find out exactly what it was, all kinds of symptoms/causes/effects to heart issues.

I was actually told the guy was having heart attacks. Could be elaborate pillar talk but that's what the word on the street was I believe

Discuss?

Hard to say without knowing his history and his dosages. But if he's always on at age 25, right off the bat that tells me he isn't thinking responsibly.

Top Bottom