Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb ups -- Are they worth it?

frankenfurter

I have about 100gm of carbs per day during the week and a carb up day on Sunday of about 400-500gms. Usually it's in the form of mashed potatoes, pasta or rice. I also have some desert like apple pie or ice cream or something.

My problem is this: It takes me two days to get my cravings under control after this carb up day. Monday and Tuesday are killers as far as the hunger. I never break, but man do it want to. So much so that I am in a really bad mood on those evenings, which kind of sucks for my family, since they need homework help, housework done, etc.

By Wed. tho, I am back in the routine and feeling fine, until Sunday, where the cycle repeats. I'm 6' 215 guessing around 15%bf. I want to get to 10% or so, around 195lb. I was on Atkins before getting serious with lifting around 8 months ago. I got down from 255 with the Atkins diet.

Sorry for the long post, but do you guys think I should cut out the carb up day? Or at least dump the desserts? Cut the carbs to 200-300?

If your not already take eca on the two days after the carb-up to curb the cravings. There are also many things to help with the mood (try eating more potassium), search the boards they have been mentioned before.

MrMakaveli said:
If your not already take eca on the two days after the carb-up to curb the cravings.

I can't take any stimulants because of a heart arrhythmia. I think it's probably the simple sugars that are killing me. I'll quit those and replace them with some oatmeal or other complex carb.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

They're worth it, but keep them under control. Dropping the sugar might work, try replacing it with oatmeal or other stuff. Try alternating low/high gi foods.

I like carb up days. replenish leptin levels, replenish sanity, etc.

I always found that after a good carb up (I do one about every three weeks with about 700g cabrs in one day) I don't have any cravings for the next three week cycle. I find it actually keeps cravings in check... I guess we're all different.

im going to carb up 1 time per week.. should i do it at night or in the morning? should i do it before or after a work out????

what should i eat? potatoes, rice? ive been dieting for 7 days snd its time for a carb up day soon!

how many grams of carbs should i eat??? im 175lbs and consume about 250g of protein per day and about 10%bf?

Top Bottom