Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb Powders

Disco Dave

I decided to by a carb powder to add quality calories to my diet, but are these products any good? I'm taking creatine and protein also and just wanted to add about 500-1000 calories to my daily diet. The product I bought is made by Garnell International and mixes up like glue!! I was told by the guy in the shop that it was a good quality complex carb - should I still take it at the same time as my protein shakes or will that inhibit absorbtion of either product? If I take it alone will it not increase insulin levels?
Any advice would be helpful.

If you want to gain weight(muscle and fat), then Carb powders may help. Most weight gain powders are carb powder, usually some form of glucose, and some protein. If you are the type that puts on fat easily, then using carb powders may be a physique damaging decesion.

If you have no problem with eating bread,pasta, MRP's, weight gain powders,etc. then carb powders are about the same as those.

Just because the carb is complex does not mean its any better than a simple carb. This is especially true when it comes to powders. Powders are so easy to eat, and accumulate a high amount of calories in one sitting. In my opinion, they are not "quality" calories. Low GI carb foods are better, but if your looking to gain non-quality weight fast, then the carb powders and fast GI carbs are more benign.

But, Carb powders are not quality calories, in my opinion. Maybe if your a hardgainer, then its a different story. Just becareful that you don't get fat over doing the carb powder. On the other hand, if you eat quality carbs then its alot harder to add those extra calories. Oils are a good way to add extra calories too.

Thanks for the advice, I do put fat on fairly easy so maybe I'll give it a swerve. Plus it tastes like shit! So would you say that buying a high calorie protein powder such as N-Large would be a better way of getting the extra calories. I'm currently taking Simply Protein which is only about 120 calories per serving I think, these shakes are 3 of my 6 meals so if I can bump them up to around 500 calories, I figure it will be alot more beneficial?

Just buy some sugar (or dextrose/corn sugar from a beer homebrew shop, if you want to avoid fructose).

It will be much cheaper.

Top Bottom