Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Captain Crush Grippers??

Cubanito17

Hey guys I ordered a trainer Crush Gripper not knowing how easy or hard it would be and to me it seems pretty easy. I'll be ordering soon for a #1. My question is how often and sets or reps do you guys train with these things.

I train with the captains of crush twice per week.One workout I do as many sets of 5 reps as I can.The next workout, I do timed holds for as many sets as I can until I can't hold it closed for 10 sec.

Thanx for the reply bro, And you've seen that it works for you. like for your grip to get stronger just twice a week.

The thing i had trouble with was overtraining.

I closed the #1 12 times....then started doing that often (like every second day) and day after day i could do less and less......i got down to 4 reps and realised that i was overtraining (i thought it was because i was tired from work)

so just watch out for that, if you start going backwards lose the frequency

also try other hand work to complement it............hand strength goes waaaaaaayyyyy beyond grippers

Lots of fun

I like to do my db work with thick handled dbs when possible. This adds a nice dimension to your grip, supporting strength. Crushing is only one aspect of grip. I do gripper work, mostly the capatains of cheap crushers(spring clamps from wal-mart), sometimes. I only really focus on grip work one day a week. The rest of the time it is more indirect like thick db or deadlifts or heavy rack pulls. Train it like any other muscle. Hit it hard once, maybe twice at the most, a week.

I do a variety of grip exercises like one-arm bar hangs,pinch gripping and thick bar curls, but the captains of crush is the only grip exerrcise I do regularly.Doing them twice per week I've found is the best frequency for me to gain strength consistently.It is advised by the distributor to treat the grippers as you would squats or deads due to the intensity required when using them.

Thanx guys I'll start off with ballast way of doing it I'll be doing it twice a week for the way he has it on tue and fri see how that works for me. I started with the trainer by the way when I feel that's easy which it is pretty easy right now just not for my left hand then I'll move up to #1. Thanx again.

I can close a number#2 and I usually train 2 times per week doing 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps. Buy some eagle loops and used a heavy weight and do some farmer walks will also increased your crushing power. Once you can walk around with 100 lb dumbells in your hands, you will close the number#1 with ease. I also worked on pinch and supporting grip and can rip a pack of cards in half.

a0169969......ive always wanted to go into a room where someone i hate is playing cards.....grab the deck off them and just rip the pack in half. how scary would that be.

now i have goals.

have you tried any scroll work? I am just starting....i have run out of metal to bend.....sure is fun

Endpoint, it cool as hell. I usually carry a pack of cards in my back pocket and it always draws alot of attention when you start ripping a deck of cards into tiny peices. It also has served as a warning to people sizing me up. I usually pull out the deck of cards and say something like you really don't want any of this as, I ripped the deck volently. It only takes about 3 months if you work really hard on it.

Top Bottom