Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I regain lost muscle?

hardgaine16

Okay, so first and foremost, I'm a female. (I'm guessing that has something to do with how fast I gain muscle overall) I've been lifting non-stop for a little over a year and have made solid gains. I didn't pay much attention to my diet and I don't know how I made it, but when I became much more serious about BB, I got it all. The fact is, I'm an ectomorph. I was sick a while ago and I'm sure I lost some muscle due to not eating nearly enough ( I can tell by the image in the mirror, not the scale) It's depressing cuz I worked so hard for it. I lost 4lbs, all of which I got back now, or at least the better part of it, but my size has not returned :( It's been almost two months since I'm bulking (thus I'm constantly bloated) So, am i back to square one because of a little less than two weeks of not eating properly? Will the size take as long to get back as it did the first time? I lift heavy, I follow a program and I'm pretty dedicated. My lifts, however, have NOT gone down - in fact I'm now squatting free weight 120lbs! (5'2, 114) I'm losing my motivation :/

Of course you can regain lost muscle! Don't lose motivation - you likely need to eat MORE. You didn't post anything regarding your diet so it is hard to say....If your lifts haven't gone down, you haven't lost muscle. Maybe you are flat or water depleted or it could always always just be in your head. That damn head messes with you sometimes...

Have you tried tweaking your program? After a year of solid training your muscles should have been mature enough to develop some sort of muscle memory. In fact I am going to bet that you have exactly the same muscle fibers (myofibril) as before, evident by your strength. What you need for size is sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Go with a 12 week hybrid program that starts off with low reps high intensity and finish off the workout with high reps (10-12) to get blood into those muscles.

If you post your actual program here we may help you tweak it.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

Top Bottom