Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can I ask you why?

B

buksoon

I've now been on these boards a little less than a month. They are fascinating and puzzling.

I know I had my moment of weakness where I asked--mostly I think because I was reading so much about it through you guys--about AS.

In calmer moments, I know that that just defeats the purpose of why we started doing this in the first place. Health, the feeling that we can tackle anything because we do that last rep. You know, the one that a rational person would swear is impossible ? And we rest a minute and do another set, higher weight.

We can do anything. That's why do it, right?

But AS? That doesn't do anything except make us bigger, but not by our doing. It makes us look better nekkid; isn't that all?

Is that the only reason why? I'm not slamming that. With all that suffering, you definitely want a little shorcut here and there. I even take a glutamine tablet post-workout for faster recovery. I'm not immune to the awesome pressure on women in this society to look as pretty and, to be blunt: fuckable, as possible.

But AS, aside from jeopardizing long-term health (no small consideration), seems not in keeping with our original reasons for doing this and ... well, I just don't know why?

I'm not passing judgment. I'm just asking why. In my moment of weakness, it was outta frustration: "I want results yesterday" syndrome. And "damn the small-boned, ectomorph genes that God gave me; how can I over-rule that?

But I can't see actually going through with that. So ... why do you? No judgment, just curious.

I will take a stab at this : Hit a plaetau after two years of lifting weights......am at an age, where I felt I wanted a major boost to help my performance in the gym. My husband started it, and I watched his progress, and got interested in it. I am always in a competitive mode, and wanted to get the most I could from it. I felt the timing was right for me, since I am done having kids. I am not sure I would of touched it, before having kids. I am a healthy individual, all my life, and feel the need to grow :) Where it takes me, I dont know..... but so far, I feel it has been worth the money for damn sure . Am already preparing for another cycle this fall.....ahhh....the possibilities are endless . After I do all of my research, of course :)

"But AS? That doesn't do anything except make us bigger, but not by our doing."

But not by our own doing? Then by whose doing? Someone elses? Do you think you just take steroids and get big and ripped? Do you really think you can achieve the same results without them regardless of how long or hard you train?

Let's get some things straight here:

1) Steroids ARE NOT a short-cut. A short cut is something that get's you there faster than you would without it. Steroids just get you there; to a place you would otherwise not be, ever. Period.......

2) Steroids by themselves do not make you big. You have to eat and train, and they work best in those that have achieved their genetic potential by all other means FIRST.

3) We are not born equal. For those who simply cannot put on very much muscle, regardless of what they do, steroids are the only way to achieve that goal, if that is their goal. So, either learn to live with what you have, or change it. It's all about cost to benefit ratio. For some, the benefits outweigh the costs that are many times overstated. For others, the costs are too great. Either way, it should be the choice of the individual.

4) There is far more to steroids than looking good naked.

W6

"Then by whose doing?"

Um, by the steroids' doing. Like you said: "It gets us to a place where we wouldn't have been otherwise."

Hey, I'm one of 'em hard-gainers you mentioned! I've said before that my results will NEVER (not ever!) match my effort. Just don't have the genetics.

So I examine what the results really are that I'm after. Just getting big? Or is it more internal?

"4) There is far more to steroids than looking good naked."

Okay. Like I said: I know nothing about them. Are there health benefits in addition to just getting bigger?

Getting big is healthy in itself, but not artificially big--which by your own rationale is what steroids do (you said: "we'd never get there on our own").

Ann, I totally understand your rationale! I'm competitive, too! (Are you an Aries? It's outta control!)

But I think I'd stop before getting to the point where I'd take AS, but that's just me. You seemed to have really thought it out, considered where you are in life, and found good results. More power to ya! :D

I will say, I go in the gym, and half the time I leave with tears in my eyes, from working out so hard.

I have guys in the gym I go to, who are so impressed by what I do, they ask for pointers for their wives.

I will say, I work my ass off harder in their than the majorty. I got money and time invested, and I dont trifle around.

I know exactly where I am with this, and where I am planning to go with it.(just keeping the plans under my wrap right now :)

I am aware of all sides...I moniter everything. I measure my clit everyday---no just kidding---i am ill today. And in a ugly mood :(

One last thing...I look damn good naked. Better than I have ever looked naked in my life----after 3 kids---- and that is from hardwork, and hardwork alone. The AS has just jumpstarted me a little, when I needed a lift. But it is me who keeps the engine running....the AS just supplys me with some diesel gas.

And I am a Scorpion Buksoon--mean as the devil :devil:

And AS is always a choice ......no one is ever holding a gun to your head on that one. Its a choice , like so many other choices we make in life.

hi my name is tripleV ...
and I am a slackass!

I use steroids to make me big..
So I can look perty in da mirror!

They are so magically unbelievable..
Just pop or shoot (whatever you wish)
and BAM
purrfect physique to make others jealous!

{fascicious me} hehe

no hardgainers need apply!

:D

Buksoon---Just wanted to give you a plain Jane's reason for doing what i do .......:D Hope I answered your question a little.......and Triple V.......you are too funny. Did you take care of the gyno problem ??? Hope it all wasnt to confusing..........

You're all getting a little defensive. I'm not attacking. I'm just asking why.

Triple V: now, now--no need for dodging question with snarkiness.

It's just that you say: "AS doesn't bring you there. YOU bring YOURSELF there." The implication might be that someone who prioritizes health and therefore resists temptation of AS is not as "tough" or "capable of the same effort" as you.

And that's not right. I am such a person. I never cried in the gym, Ann. But I fainted once (yep, paramedics called to the gym) and ran to the bathroom to dry-heave over toilet many times. But even without that, I'd put my effort and pain-threshold up against anyone's.

I seemed to have lost sight of where I was going with this. Oh well. The Benadryl I took is giving me the attention span of a toddler on 4 bowls of Fruity Pebbles.

Anyway, my reason for abstaining is that it seems like jeopardizing health to look better. And that's sort of akin to anorexia, just a different definition of what looks good.

I understand how this could seem accusatory. I apologize, and I don't mind "flames" in return.

Edited to add: Ann, just read your last post. We crossed-typed! You're hardly a Plain Jane!!!!!!

Last edited:
buksoon said:

Triple V: now, now--no need for dodging question with snarkiness.

SNARKINESS...me? i'm just snappy! I really had no good answer 4 ya , so I thought a little humour would lighten it up!
:D

Top Bottom