Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Burnt Out?

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm still trying to figure things out. I lifted last week, but cut back some on my cardio and enjoyed some nice meals. I am trying to allow myself to enjoy the summer some and hope that relieving some of the pressure I have put on myself with workout perfection will help me be able to put some focus on other issues. I don't know what the next chapter of my life and fitness life will look like. I hope that I can get really serious about things again. It would be my dream to be able to compete and look amazing like many of the women who post on this website. However, if it means being unhappy and unhealthy I can't do it to myself.

buffgrl23 said:
It would be my dream to be able to compete and look amazing like many of the women who post on this website. However, if it means being unhappy and unhealthy I can't do it to myself.

That is the trade off when you do a competition. It has to be for yourself and you have to be committed -- you either do a show or you don't. Some people thrive on the stress, others set themselves up to be defined by their first show and it just ends up bad.

Its sort of like going back to college. Most people I know who are non-traditional students who go back & get or complete a degree are the ones who stay focused & benefit from it, get straight A's and achieve it as a goal. Whereas your typical freshman is amazed to discover that he now has easy access to beer.

Good analogy Sassy. I actually work in Higher Ed. So I see this all the time. About a year and a half ago I planned on doing a competition. I went into it without the knowledge that I needed and I got really sick. I realized that I had a long way to go and a lot to learn. Since then I have attended many shows and have read everything I can get my hands on while training hard. What you said is right. You have to want it for you. It is easy to get caught up in trying to please or impress others. Being one of the only women at my gym who trains seriously, I often feel as though I am judged by the guys who expect a certain level of intensity from me or a certain look. While it is good to be challenged by them, I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me. I get alot of pressure from others about if and when I am going to compete. The encouragement is nice, but I have to wait until I feel the time is right for me. Can I train hard simply for the love of the sport and to challenge myself? Or do I need to take it to the next level and compete in order to continue to progress and have new goals? I guess this is the question I am wrestling with.

Top Bottom