Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Diet

it stars sAddam

2 days in, my bulking diet is coming along slowly but surely.

2-13-05

7:00am Meal 1: 3 whole eggs (fried), 1 cup of old fashioned oats in 1/2 cup of whole milk, 1 orange, tall glass of water

10:00am Meal 2: 2 scoops of MuscleMilk in 8oz. of whole milk

12:30pm Meal 3: 2 chicken sandwiches on whole wheat bread, large salad w/ olive oil and soy nuts, YoCrunch yogurt

3:00pm Meal 4 (post-workout): 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition whey in water, 1 apple

6:00pm Meal 5: 2 bowls of chili, YoCrunch yogurt

10:30pm Meal 6: 1 cup of cottage cheese with pineapple, several almonds

2-14-05

7:00am Meal 1: 3 whole eggs (fried), ½lb of bacon, 2 slices of toast, orange juice

9:00am Meal 2: 2 scoops of MuscleMilk in 8oz. Whole milk

11:00am Meal 3: 2 ANPB and jelly sandwiches, 16oz. 2% milk, YoCrunch yogurt, 1 string cheese

4:00pm Meal 4 (post-workout): 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition whey in water, 1 apple

8:30pm Meal 5: large plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, YoCrunch yogurt, 16 oz. Whole milk,

11:30pm Meal 6: 1 cup of cottage cheese with pineapple, several almonds

I realize after typing this out that I need to be drinking more milk, getting more EFAs (possibly by eating unsalted peanuts and almonds throughout the day and adding flax to my shakes), and eating more fruits and vegetables.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

I would try and get a meal with a solid protein source about an hour after you finish your PW shake. Your muscles are starving and the shake can only satisfy to an extent. Real food fills in the gaps.

i'd dumb those carbs you're eating with the eggs...

carbs + fats will make you fat...

i know you are bulking, but maybe i look at it differently...

DZLS said:
i'd dumb those carbs you're eating with the eggs...

carbs + fats will make you fat...

i know you are bulking, but maybe i look at it differently...

One of the most debateable things around, thats for sure. I am undecided on the issue really. I don't do it while cutting for peace of mind, but while bulking I don't follow it closely like when cutting.

If your " bulking you have to eat and eat and then eat some more ... protien would be best but you do need carbs as well ..

Ever see the diet of a sumo wrestler ? " rice , sleep, rice ,sleep ,rice ,sleep and repeat . They maybe fat but they are also huge !!

im bulking to just eat what the fuck ever you want pizza noodles all that fatning shit thats what you want bulk try eating pinapple with syurp befor bed and icecream to you get bulkie

like i said, i take a different view of it...

you can eat to get big, but eating top gain 20 pounds to turn around and lost 12 of it in a few months if just fucking stupid... and not good for your heart, i'd imagine...

carbs + protein

or

fats + protien

is how your meals should be divided...

A good way to do a nice slow bulking diet is simply start out 10-15% above your maintenance. For instance, if your maintenance is 3K, you would increase by 300-450 calories. More for higher weights.

If your mainetenace is for instance more like 2K, then you probably are a smaller person anyway, (or put on fat easily) and 200-300 calories would be a decent increase to begin with.

Begin your caloric increase with the same foods you were eating on a good diet, just larger portion size. You have to know your body....if you are carb intolerant at all, throwing in a ton of carbs in the beginning will result in a nice fat gain. Especially if you were dieting fairly hard, your body will be primed for fat storage.

Those who were heavy in life and dieted down have to be especially careful, they are even more prone to fat storage. I have some background research papers on this if anyone requests.

Top Bottom