Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulk or cut when high bf% already?

mb35

I'm just wondering what your guys opinion is on this. It seems anytime I look at ANY post on bodybuilding.com the advice is "BULK!" whether the guy asking is fat or not. So my question to you guys is this:

If you're a semi high bodyfat is it better to bulk to gain muscle underneathe the fat first OR cut down to a low manageable bodyfat(say 10%) then worry about bulking from there?

I ask cause I am currently about 17% body fat but I feel I have a decent amount of muscle on my frame(can see pec definition, arm defition, etc still just not greatly. Even the 2 top abs when pumped lol) and I'm so torn. I really feel like I should cut down before I worry about trying to add more but there are so many conflicting opinions. I trust the advice on this site after browsing it so much and seeing how educated you guys are more than anywhere else so I figure i'd get opinions here.

Have yourself tested in a water tank or another reliable way to check, becouse it doesnt sound like you really know what your at... 10%bf is not just managable but its pretty damn lean! 17% is not fat at all imo...

You dont have to eaither bulk or cut... If you are truly overweight i would lift and clean up the diet... If your just getting into it there probobly not alot to cut up at this point.

I've been lifting for 3 years. 1 year serious though. I've always had a problem with weight though. I was the fat kid in school and always high in bodyfat. I'm by far the best shape I've ever been in now though. Also I do have a bad perception of bodyfat %'s. Never been good with guessing them. One day when I'm not posting on my phone I will post some photos and see what you guys think. Thanks for the quick reply though. I appreciate any help I can get. :)

cut towards 10% then bulk

i say it's up to the way you feel about yourself, take a moment to look at yourself in front of the mirror and be honest are you happy with the way you look? with the amount of bf%? 'cause i'm pretty sure you already know the answer so don't listen others when they tell you to bulk or cut just listen to yourself that's the only opinion that truly matters......unless youre in a bodybuilding contest lol..

Top Bottom