Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulk/cutting Q

Jeus

I've been working out religiously for about 6 months now and have been watching my diet a lot. I have seen great results so far. I'd like to get some mass but I'm reluctant to really up my calories/gain weight because I always seem to just get a flab around the waist. I was thinking, is it safe to assume that if I keep my current weight stable and continue work outs/proper food, I will gain muscle/lose fat simultaneously? Or do I absolutely have to gain weight to make gains? Also, what would be a good rate to gradually up my weight? How much can muscle/fat ratio change in a month or so and how often could I allow to add 2-3pounds without getting flabby? I'm 6'1'', around 168pounds. Any feedbak would be greatly appreciated.

You can not do both anywhere close to optimally at the same time. This is because your body typically exists in either a whole body anabolic or whole body catabolic state, based upon hormonal levels, which is primarily determined by caloric intake via leptin. Eat alot and anabolic hormones (test, GH, t3, insulin, etc.) are high, diet and they are low.

Obviously, you cannot diet and overfeed at the same time. But you can do short cycles of each. Myself, and a few others have been experimenting with an isocaloric version of a TKD with great success.

So what's a good cycle of gaining/losing a couple of lbs. to ensure keeping a good part of growth while losing fat?

What works really well for me is to move all your major muscle group exercises to later in the week - start dieting on monday and maintain it through thursday - then, after your two big workouts(chest and back, or whatever you need the most work on) bump up your calorie intake for two or three days - which should fall over the weekend -- also, keep up the cardio on these days but lower the intensity. From the calorie increase you will experience a short growth spurt. This has kept me very lean and ripped while still steadily adding size. I am a lot like you in that if I cut back on cardio or eat too much i'll lose my rip, this really helps me maintain my physique.

Top Bottom