Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Broke leg in car accident, when to cycle again?

I have been working out for the past 4 years. And I'm 23 years old. What exactly happened when he blew out his knee? Damage to ligaments and tendons? Or bone damage?

Dude relax. You are not defending the Olympia title this year. Why the rush? Bodybuilding is a very narcisstic and selfish hobby anyway. Take the time and spend with your family. Your friends. take up a new hobby. rediscover old ones. do something new. go someplace different. the weights will be there when you return. Your body will either be recovering or rebuilding. It can't do both. So don't interfere with the recovery by rushing things. you don't want to get to be 40 and have chronic leg pain because you didn't all the break to heal properly.

Dude relax. You are not defending the Olympia title this year. Why the rush? Bodybuilding is a very narcisstic and selfish hobby anyway. Take the time and spend with your family. Your friends. take up a new hobby. rediscover old ones. do something new. go someplace different. the weights will be there when you return. Your body will either be recovering or rebuilding. It can't do both. So don't interfere with the recovery by rushing things. you don't want to get to be 40 and have chronic leg pain because you didn't all the break to heal properly.

Couldn't have said it any better myself! Bang on advice here.

I realize that, but lifting keeps me sane and happy. I know I won't be able to train my right leg for a while, could I work my left leg in the meantime or will that cause some serious symmetry issues?

I agree with AAP, you have time on your side so take it easy ,when you're ready muscle memory will have you back in shape in no time.

I realize that, but lifting keeps me sane and happy. I know I won't be able to train my right leg for a while, could I work my left leg in the meantime or will that cause some serious symmetry issues?

That won't do a damn thing but stroke your ego and make you feel like you are doing something.

I mean really, your legs are separate from each other right? They are still muscles and still respond to stimulus. Correct? If you only worked your left bicep and not your right would it become asymmetrical?

Relax and enjoy your life. You will be fine later.

Besides at one time or another your ego is going to have you picking up plates to put on the machine, guess what happens next!

Don't stress to much man. I had surgery on a ligament in my knee
(not as bad as yours but i have experience) make sure you FULLY heal. I did everything the doc said was super safe did the rehab and came back an muscle memory is a great thing. Less than 6 months after coming back I couldn't even tell one leg was stronger than the other. And I was hitting PRs just like Steve said

Don't stress to much man. I had surgery on a ligament in my knee
(not as bad as yours but i have experience) make sure you FULLY heal. I did everything the doc said was super safe did the rehab and came back an muscle memory is a great thing. Less than 6 months after coming back I couldn't even tell one leg was stronger than the other. And I was hitting PRs just like Steve said

Exactally ,forget the gym, let rest and clean food do it's job.

The only rushing you should do is when the time comes to run for the toilet!

Thanks for the help guys. Buy I am not going to forget the gym, I am already training with my physical therapist. I am just wondering if I should drop working out my leg.

Top Bottom