Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bringing up a lagging rear delt

lexus12

My rear delt on the right side seems small and less formed
than my left, seems to be just as strong just less formed.
My question is should I try using more weight or more reps
for the lagging delt and lower weight for the other?

Current 5'11 220lbs

3 sets Wide Grip lat pulldowns
3 sets seated rows
3 sets one arm rows
3 sets bent over barbell rows

i dont specifically train my rear delts, but they get hit when i do a drop set on close grip chins, super setted with pullovers (db or machine) then i top it off with lying rear delt raise. This is, of course, coupled with heavy deads/rows...

My rear delt on the right side seems small and less formed
than my left, seems to be just as strong just less formed.
My question is should I try using more weight or more reps
for the lagging delt and lower weight for the other?

I have similar problems with other body parts. Unless you are about to step on stage, or it is causing severe posture problems I would not sweat it. Just strive to add mass all over and eventually you will even out. Adding deadlifts or rack pulls into your routine wouldn't hurt either. These are the best two back/upper back exercises you can do. Your routine is incomplete without these imo.

ill add in that the only exercise worth doing that you mentioned was the barbell rows. these need to be done correctly though. bend over as close to 90 degrees as possible and pull the bar from the floor. these hammer the rear delts. also drop all the cable nonsense and do regular pull ups.

Priority training - start your shoulders workout with rear delts

5 sets of bent-over lateral raises for the start of every shoulders workout in super-strict form. You will see a huge improvement in 5-6 weeks.

Top Bottom