Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boys and girls???

Yep, familiar with him - read this gender training article a while back and get newsletters from his site. He is a great marketer and has made his presence in the training industry based on his scientific approach. Which I love, we all need to understand how our bodies work so that we can best train them. You are right about the muscle fiber - thus why women cannot grow mass unless chemically enhanced. However, the muscle performs the same way and "responds" the same as far as strength - he wrote an article about this some time ago too. He has some very valid points but I guarantee he trains his lady power lifters the same as his male clients - so I like your comment about "experienced". As with all scientific research, it is variable. Thanks for sharing all of this! He has some great reads that make you question how/why/when.

Thanks you! Well yes strength training for olympic activities and high competition sports for men and women has to be similar at some points because lifting at olympic level is only for people with strength and power levels way above average so I must say that this only values is points even more.

Another coach, more bodybuilding related, Charles Glass also claims that women get more results by training the same muscle group with higher frequency instead of much volume. Two big names who make similar claims without being affiliated, sounds like both of them should be taken in consideration because they have results and credentials to prove it.

IMO The average "female or male gym rat" will have better results following his recommendations rather than following the overrated trial and error.

I really value trial and error, it's our journey right? But to maximize results on the least time possible, assuming we have a dead line, the best way is to follow some of the tried and proved protocols like powerlifting(e.g 5x5) , strength training (e.g wave-like method), bodybuilding (e.g DC training)

agreed. I do have to say that women typically respond better to higher rep/frequency training. This is due to the muscle fibers being smaller and able to take smaller doeses of weight more frequently. In my last little experiment with high volume (and I'm doing it again because the results were so good), I would not have experienced those results without training muscle groups twice a week. This meant that I wasn't powerlifting by no means and have lifted more weight before for the same exercises/rep count. At first I was a bit frustrated with the weight but as I began to see results (striations and hardness of the muscle) I kept with it and it paid off. The first time I work the muscle I work do heavier weight lower reps (still 10 -12 reps). Secon time I use lighter weight and train at 12 - 15 reps.

Doing DC in January - can't wait!!

Thanks for the info on Glass - I don't think I have read anything from him before. You can also find this stuff in medical journals (which I prefer over trainers - it gets down to the point and the specific reasons why).

Yep, familiar with him - read this gender training article a while back and get newsletters from his site. He is a great marketer and has made his presence in the training industry based on his scientific approach. Which I love, we all need to understand how our bodies work so that we can best train them. You are right about the muscle fiber - thus why women cannot grow mass unless chemically enhanced. However, the muscle performs the same way and "responds" the same as far as strength - he wrote an article about this some time ago too. He has some very valid points but I guarantee he trains his lady power lifters the same as his male clients - so I like your comment about "experienced". As with all scientific research, it is variable. Thanks for sharing all of this! He has some great reads that make you question how/why/when.

I beg to differ.

Yes women can put on muscle without being chemically enhanced, it isn't always easy, it may take patience, more consistency, training smarter and harder, getting a bit chubby every now and then, but it is possible.

I beg to differ.

Yes women can put on muscle without being chemically enhanced, it isn't always easy, it may take patience, more consistency, training smarter and harder, getting a bit chubby every now and then, but it is possible.
Girl - you can do anything! I agree that women can put on muscle - and LOTS of it. However, when compared to men, women who can lift the same weight as a man of similar stature have smaller muscle mass. I need to find the medical journal I read a study in (it has been a few months ago), I can't remember the validity. If I find it I'll post it so you can see the studies that were done. Some women have more testosterone than others and can more quickly build mass. Either way, women's fibers are much smaller. Some say 60% some say 50% (who knows?) - so on average a women's muscle mass is less than a males under the same training regimen and strength. Again, I say on average. Training, diet, and supplements can forge one further ahead in the game. You are a prime example of this! Good thoughts...

It isn't just test that makes muscles grow either.

I may have to bump the thread on some of the latest research about turning on the mTOR protein synthesis pathways.

agreed. I do have to say that women typically respond better to higher rep/frequency training. This is due to the muscle fibers being smaller and able to take smaller doeses of weight more frequently. In my last little experiment with high volume (and I'm doing it again because the results were so good), I would not have experienced those results without training muscle groups twice a week. This meant that I wasn't powerlifting by no means and have lifted more weight before for the same exercises/rep count. At first I was a bit frustrated with the weight but as I began to see results (striations and hardness of the muscle) I kept with it and it paid off. The first time I work the muscle I work do heavier weight lower reps (still 10 -12 reps). Secon time I use lighter weight and train at 12 - 15 reps.

Doing DC in January - can't wait!!

Thanks for the info on Glass - I don't think I have read anything from him before. You can also find this stuff in medical journals (which I prefer over trainers - it gets down to the point and the specific reasons why).

I will be trying DC soon too. That's a very solid and intense program which interests me because exploits hypertrophy, strength, endurance at some level and also it's focused on dieting and periodization etc well nothing but good stuff!

It isn't just test that makes muscles grow either.

I may have to bump the thread on some of the latest research about turning on the mTOR protein synthesis pathways.
I'd love to see that Tat - you're right - test isn't the only thing that makes muscle grow. I'd like to read more about protein synthesis and what impact this has compared with other variations - what exactly happens and how relevant it is to muscle growth vs. strength.

Top Bottom