Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Boxing while bulking

Kid tempo

I'm keen on my boxing but intend on bulking, will high intensity boxing training 3 times per week hinder my gains? I know Boxings notorious for trimming down your figure but I wondered if anyone here has combined the two if so how did you get on?

Boxing is very intensive! If you want to maximize gains keep your sessions to half an hour and have a few days off a week and it'll be fine

You can bulk while boxing, you just need to eat a shit load. Gaining weight is about consuming more calories than you use. There are plenty of boxers who've gone up a weight, take Evander Holyfield for example, he had to bulk up to fight at heavyweight, he was a natural light heavyweight.

I sprint 3-4x a week and lift 6x a week. I've gained 2lbs in about 4 weeks-the beauty is that I stay lean while building strength and slowly adding mass. So just eat more man and it'll be fine. Make sure you're a bit carb heavy around workouts.

I'm keen on my boxing but intend on bulking, will high intensity boxing training 3 times per week hinder my gains? I know Boxings notorious for trimming down your figure but I wondered if anyone here has combined the two if so how did you get on?

It is a double edged sword, you can only be great at one or half assed at both. If you want to be a bb then use boxing as cardio to shed fat. If you want to be a bad ass world class boxer, then gaining too much muscle is a bad thing. Your speed and conditioning will suffer as you get heavier. Pick your poison and pursue it relentlessly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

You can plenty fighters bulked while full training and lots are big at heavyweight. Tyson was big. Plenty big guys in mma: overeem, carwin, jeff monson.

Sent from my DROID3 using EliteFitness

You can plenty fighters bulked while full training and lots are big at heavyweight. Tyson was big. Plenty big guys in mma: overeem, carwin, jeff monson.

Those guys you mentioned were already fairly big. They didnt start out at GSP's size and grow to lesners size in a few years. How big has Roy Jones Jr gotten during his career? No drastic mass changes at all, yet hes remained undefeated. And how many Mr Olympia contenders do you see fighting on HBO? None, because they are too damn big and slow. I didnt say that a fighter shouldnt lift weights. But thier lifting needs to positively affect thier fighting, not take away from it, which serious bulking will do. A fighters training should be geared towards speed, strength, endurance, and skill work. Training for physique development is a waste of a fighters time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EliteFitness

What size a bulking are you talking about? Well yeah gotta decide where fit best for a weight class as well. Some comes down to height if above 6' can be competitive as a heavyweight. Jeff monson is 5 9 at heavyweight. You gotta still be explosive and strong but comes down to training as well. I went from 174 to 197 for wrestling. Got fat and hit 246 and strong before bringing weight under control. Lol can be an athletic big but a true bodybuilder not really gonna work.

Top Bottom