Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bowflex??

Gladiator, you really think so? I was thinkin of getting one, I did some research and it seemed like a quality peice of equipment. Are you sayin it's a joke for bodybuilders, or all togather? I'm not a bodybuilder, i am a kickboxer and I am looking to add some size.

i have a 70 year old man who wants to be randy from the bowflex ad and pose for it. heehhehehehehehe.

From what I've seen it's looks decent. Ellington Darden is pimping it in some of the ads(I was disappointed to see him doing it, but I don't think he'd endorse it if it was utter crap.) Pretty expensive, though. I'd say a better investment would be a power rack, an olympic bar, and a bunch of plates. Or join a gym.

Resistance exersice is useful and can yield some gains, but serious builders and pro's know to just use cables as a finisher exersice or warmup. Changing up the rods to different exersices with the bowflex may take a while too, making it hard to keep multiple sets going.

Nothing builds muscle like progressive resistance with actual iron, I would suggest getting a some instead, for example there isn't one muscle you cant work with a good simple pair of dumbells.

I agree with Remy's response.

I don't know about the current version of Bowflex that is being sold, but the one that I used about 6 years ago was a dissapointment.

If you have never been exposed to resistence training(exluding push-ups and pull-ups), then you may get a little stronger using that version, and grow muscles for a few months, but probably only for a few months at the maximum. The downside is that you waste your time and money, because working out with free weights in the same time period would probably produce better results.

I grew out the bowflex that we have very fast, like I said, about 3 months and we even bought extra power rods during this time!!! I could never get a good leg workout with the thing.

Stay away from the Bowflex, almost bought one, they fine you if you accidently don't get your monthy payment in on time (if you finance) I was going to invest 1200 dollars in one, but got the hook-up with lots of freeweights for about 300 dollars. I see 900 dollars worth of plastic sitting there whenever I see one now.

i say the bowflex probably will work pretty good, in fact, its been around 15 years and i know people who like it.

but will it work as free weights?

probably not, for one, you won't be able to work the stabilizer muscles very much (or at all?) with the bowflex, and the bowflex does not directly duplicate some very important compound movements which are good releasers of growth hormone (bench, squats).

i say, anything is good as far as fitness and getting in shape goes, even a stairmaster will make you a healthier person, but if you are looking to get big and strong, and do it fairly fast, stick with free weights and basic compound movements (not forgetting diet). plus with the money to spend on a bowflex, you could buy a whole bunch of free weights / bench, etc.

like i say, im sure bowflex is good and everything, but...hit the gym

Top Bottom