Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat tools?!

TravFlex91

How accurate is the skin fold measuring tool at dictating body fat percentage? Anyone familiar with this specific tool?

How accurate is the skin fold measuring tool at dictating body fat percentage? Anyone familiar with this specific tool?

Because of the increased errors involved, it is usually not appropriate to convert skinfold measures to percentage body fat (%BF). It is best to use the sum of several sites to monitor and compare body fat measures. the reliability of skinfold measurements can vary from tester to tester depending on their skill and experience.

A Bod pod or tape measure are the most accurate tools for testing body fat.

Hunter Of Gunmen

Because of the increased errors involved, it is usually not appropriate to convert skinfold measures to percentage body fat (%BF). It is best to use the sum of several sites to monitor and compare body fat measures. the reliability of skinfold measurements can vary from tester to tester depending on their skill and experience.

A Bod pod or tape measure are the most accurate tools for testing body fat.

Hunter Of Gunmen

It put me at 5.7% which i don't understand seeing as I'm definitely not 5% ripped I'd say more like 7.5-8%.

I've tried all sorts of crap. My scale in my bathroom is electronic and does body fat as well and has me at 18+%, the BMI scale doesn't work because it doesn't take body building into account and calculates you as obese. The underwater test is also a good one but good luck getting it done.

Hunter Of Gunmen

I was relying on our inhouse PA at my work dispensary. Although I've been paying more attention to him calipering the folds the last few checks and he goes from a diff spot every time. That jerkoff has been giving me f'ed up %'s for yrs now...

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt.

For home methods, a caliper test is probably the most accurate way to test it. But it must be done correctly and accurately....and I would do a 3 point test at least for the best accuracy

Yeah I did rear of arm, front of arm, and stomach and back...

Top Bottom