Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat and lbm for first cycle

theodoregrey

Currently, I'm a long ways (years) from my first cycle and am doing research ahead of time since I assume finding sources is incredibly difficult and time consuming.

I keep reading controversial information...

#1 You must be at <10% bf to begin a cycle

#2 Some people take AAS to cut when they are at higher percentages. 15%-20%.

#3 Do not take AAS without a significant 'base' which is an ambiguous LBM. The vets in these posts encourage reckless, high calorie bulking.

What is the takeaway of these three points? When is it appropriate to begin your first cycle? Can you truly use AAS to cut.

My situation
Massive weight loss from 260 lbs... possible low testosterone... my energy and libido are shot
6'0". 202 lbs. 164lbm (bod pod). 29 years old

Months ago I was at 185 lbs and approaching the end of my year long cut. A new love interest entered my life and brought a lot of drama, stress, and financial issues which caused me to gain back up to 216. I recently got this back under control and figured out the missing component that was preventing my weight loss from restarting (sleep deprivation). Other than that my diet is tracked closely and has been very clean with minor cheat snacks that fit my macros.

What are my options?

Do I maintain my cut so that I can perform a clean bulk. Then another cut... continue until I hit a decent LBM... then consider AAS?

Or begin a crazy ass bulk and go apeshit eating protein and lifting heavy weight.

Or clean bulk?

After the bulks I assume I must cut again prior to AAS? Or can I use AAS to cut?

I guess I just need a general strategy. I'm very analytical and want to prepare years ahead for my first cycle. I like to think long range and want my bulk/cut cycles to time out right.

The safest point to start a cycle is about 13-14% and below. Anything more than this and you are putting yourself in a higher risk for side effects.
Yes some people do take aas to cut loads of weight. But aas are NOT fat burners. That's not the safe way to do it.
A good natty base is preferable for many reasons. If people can get from 150 to 175 lbs with just eating right and working out for a year, those gains are better and keep easier than if you gained it in 2 months on a cycle.

Diet shouldn't be the correct term. It should be lifestyle. Eat "good" on a cut or bulk. I would suggest you do a cut with a deficit. Then maintain for a bit. Then another deficit. It's not good to always be on a deficit or surplus.

Top Bottom