Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat analyzer

Is there a particular type or brand of caliper to buy? I've seen them but never used one.
I'm sure I could find a tutorial on YouTube on how to properly utilize it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using EliteFitness

I bought a digital pair at amazon for around 20 bucks. You enter your age and take three measurements with it (chest, ab, quad) and it does the conversion for you internally and displays your bodyfat % at the end. Its very accurate and I highly recommend it.

I bought a digital pair at amazon for around 20 bucks. You enter your age and take three measurements with it (chest, ab, quad) and it does the conversion for you internally and displays your bodyfat % at the end. Its very accurate and I highly recommend it.

You can use an online calculated that you enter the same information and its free

It's only 20$ dude....

The convenience factor alone is good enough for me. I ain't that damn cheap...lol

Haha fair enough I was just quoting you instead of re typing everything that the online calculated had lol me being. College student that 20$ can go a far way lol

$22 plus shipping. I think its cheaper than the hand-held thing I have. That was a gift but still.

$22 plus shipping. I think its cheaper than the hand-held thing I have. That was a gift but still.

Did it happen to be this one? Amazon.com: Sequoia Fitness Products USA Warrior Digital Body Fat/Mass Caliper: Sports & Outdoors

I couldn't get the hang of calipers. Using the bioimpedance devices I take my reading daily at the same time and while I agree that it is never 100% consistent over time I have gotten the feel for it. Looking back over the last 4 months of readings (my bulking cycle, plus start of my cut) other than a day here or there the readings do not fluctuate over a couple tenths of a percent. The value I find in the device is that it is simple to do do every day when I weigh myself in the morning so I actually do it every day.

I hope you have better luck with the calipers. I also hope you will update this thread with your experience.

Now if we could all have easy and free access to a facility with X-ray absorptiometry equipment or a bod pod that would be the shit.

I am a little afraid that I'm to fat to get an accurate reading at my stomach. My arms and thighs are fairly solid with little fat. My stomach and chest is where I hold a majority of my excess fat. About 27-28%

Top Bottom