Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body fat analyzer

stevemead08

What's a good Body fat analyzer I can buy?
I have a handheld Omron brand one that's a few years old. Its sporadic with its readings. One day ill be 2-3 % high compared to the day before.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using EliteFitness

Do you always weigh yourself and use that weight every time you use the analyzer? I have an omron as well, and do my BF every morning right after I wake up and go to the bathroom and it is never that far off. Even though my bodyweight fluctuates 2-3lbs per day my BF reading is always within .2 to .4%. I love that thing.

Not always. My weight does fluctuate quite a bit as well. Waste in bowels and water weight is ever changing. I am very sensitive to sodium. I can gain 6-8 lbs in a weekend by eating poorly.
Lately though my weight has evened out pretty well since eating clean and keeping salts at bay.
Bf still fluctuates.
I can sit at my desk at work and take 3 measurements average, an hour apart and get 1.5% change. No food or bathroom changes.

It calculates your bf based on your weight. If you are taking your BF and not weighing yourself beforehand (and using the current weight) the BF will be off. I don't think any other device would be any different (except perhaps one of the ones built into a scale).

Why the fluctuations at correct weight within an hour when nothing has changed?

Them things suck ass and are about as inaccurate and worthless as they come. I had one and could make it vary 10% or more just by holding it a little different. If I just ate or drank something, it would be all over the place too.

The most accurate way to measure at home is with calipers. If you do at least a 3 point test you can get pretty close to actual every time

Thanks guys. I just wanted something o could buy and use often to see what and when things are contributing or hindering my bf since my weight does fluctuate greatly.

Calipers work fine for keeping track of your BF loss. I don't trust any other kind, those BF% calculator devices made for home use are way off very easily.
Even if you won't get your exact BF% (though you should get pretty close after a while of using them) from caliper measurements, they work great for tracking fat loss.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Is there a particular type or brand of caliper to buy? I've seen them but never used one.
I'm sure I could find a tutorial on YouTube on how to properly utilize it.

Yes. I've gained 1.8% of my body's fat just from eating a chicken breast and brown rice an hour ago for lunch.

Top Bottom