Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Blocking web sites

"...I met a VOODOO LADY name Marie-La-Vo,
She had a black cat tooth and a mojo bone,
and you would think people would leave her alone
because she would go.... AHHWOOOOOOO!
and... another man was gone......"




(sorry, don't know how to do blocking)
 
i think there is an option in tools>internet options> one of the tabs (i think security)

never tried it really though and fugged up when i did
 
never tried it really in that i was just arsing around with fake site's options etc and accidentally switched it on. i thought i switched it off but it seemed to switch itself back on again a few months later. damn thing.

so yes i guess i did try it :D
 
here;s how you do it....


while in internet explorer go to ..TOOLS--->Internet Options-->Content ---->Enable----> Approved Sites----(enter the site you want to block, then click never)....after you click OK...windows is goin to ask you to enter a password for the content advisor...than your done.
 
fakeusername said:
here;s how you do it....


while in internet explorer go to ..TOOLS--->Internet Options-->Content ---->Enable----> Approved Sites----(enter the site you want to block, then click never)....after you click OK...windows is goin to ask you to enter a password for the content advisor...than your done.

nope..that didn't work.,..well, it actually blocked EVERYTHING...now it's asking for the password for every site rather than just the site I entered. :confused:
 
What about Tools>Options>Security>Restricted Sites?

I've never tried it, but it might work. Usually a third party program like SurfWatch is used.
 
That's not working either TP... :confused: :( It just says Restricted site at the bottom, but it doesn't as for a password to access the site. The way fakeuserid said to do it WORKS, but it asks for a password for EVERY site, not just the one I listed as restricted.

I'm on windows 2000 Professional
 
you could try making a lmhosts file that points to disney.com for the domain you dont want them to be abele to visit. this would give them an error when they try to access that site.

there is a text file called C:\WinNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

open that up

In that file, you'd put, one per line: 127.0.0.1 <hostname you want to block>

example:

127.0.0.1 www.disney.com
127.0.0.1 www.whitehouse.gov

this works because windows checks lmhosts before dns. good luck.
 
VooDoo Lady said:


nope..that didn't work.,..well, it actually blocked EVERYTHING...now it's asking for the password for every site rather than just the site I entered. :confused:



that way works..i. did yesterday to keep my sister from goin on here and readin my shit.....the reason is blocking everyone is because you have to uncheck the "users cant see unrated sites" box in the general tab in the content advisor properties.
 
VooDoo Lady said:
That's not working either TP... :confused: :( It just says Restricted site at the bottom, but it doesn't as for a password to access the site. The way fakeuserid said to do it WORKS, but it asks for a password for EVERY site, not just the one I listed as restricted.

I'm on windows 2000 Professional

so what're you trying to do? I gather this is at work...
 
fakeusername said:




that way works..i. did yesterday to keep my sister from goin on here and readin my shit.....the reason is blocking everyone is because you have to uncheck the "users cant see unrated sites" box in the general tab in the content advisor properties.

Sorry to be obtuse here (but I am....so bare with me)...I don't see a box that says "users cant see unrated sites" under the General tab.
 
VooDoo Lady said:


Sorry to be obtuse here (but I am....so bare with me)...I don't see a box that says "users cant see unrated sites" under the General tab.

the general tab under the content advisor...not the regular general tab...go to internet options....content...enable...then general!..than uncheck the first box....this isnt rocket science you know:p
 
oh, is this a work machine? i thought you were trying to keep your husband from checking out asian porn on your own computer. well, if it isnt 'locked', give it a shot.
 
p0ink said:
oh, is this a work machine? i thought you were trying to keep your husband from checking out asian porn on your own computer. well, if it isnt 'locked', give it a shot.

That's rediculous. :rolleyes:

I share all my porn with my husband.

this isnt rocket science you know

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrg it is to me :nerd:

I still don't see that button to uncheck. :bawling:
 
VDL;

Since this is a work machine, do you have people at work that support it? (ie a network admin group) They should be able to help you.

Good luck

If that doesn't work, write the name of the site you want to restrict down on a peice of paper. Now figure out which letter is the most common in the name of the site. Remove that letter from your keyboard :D Voila, no more going to site X
 
Top Bottom