Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BIrth control or not when...

Jack steel

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
My son's mom is trying to get back in hot mom shape. Is birth control a hinderance or a help or neither. Also any other mom specific advice would help thanks! :) she's about 5'9" maybe and Let's just say she's heavier than she wants because I'm not guessing lol. Thanks again

Personally, I didn't react we'll on oral contraceptives. Water retention and unexplained weight gain in my twenties.
Have her look into a non-hormonal IUD. No muss no fuss no issues and nothing extra in her system.
Of course, the best was when we were done and hubby got snipped! LOL

It depends. I've never had issues, but when I was offered the depo shot I gave a big HELL NO because they say you really gain weight on it

It's such an individual thing and we all react differently. If she's used it before, she'll have some idea of the "sides" on it. I don't see it as a major issue, generally speaking, when starting out for weight loss, but again, depends on how she responds to it. A lot of women drop it for contest prep but for general weight loss, assuming she doesn't balloon up on it, it should be ok.

I got pregnant with paragard (non hormonal iud) and all my hair fell out and I put on 30 lbs on depo...took a YEAR to get ride of the sides from one shot of depo too

a good bcp thats conducive to weight loss is yaz because its a mild androgen blocker and diuretic...two big factors in extra weight in women

but yeah, everyones different and responds differently
most womens bodies wont let go of the extra fluff until the baby is about a yr old....anytime I havent believed that i just have to go back and look at pics of me when my kids are 3 mths, 6 mths and a yr old

also...everything else that was a body change that came with having kids (darker nipples, stretch marks, extra hair?!1??, weight redistribution) was all permanent

Thanks ladies, for all the replies. Hey shirlene! How goes it? Ok so I think I may suggest yaz then. She just stopped Nuva ring because she was getting nauseous and moody a lot. She's about to stop breast feeding and start working out so I'm going to recommend a good pre workout drink to her and try to help her as much as I know how on her nutrition as I have no idea how to lose baby weight lol.

Honestly the easiest way to lose baby weight is to keep breast feeding. That's 300-600 calories a day burned right there.
She can work out and breast feed too its not mutually exclusive.

I got pregnant with paragard (non hormonal iud) and all my hair fell out and I put on 30 lbs on depo...took a YEAR to get ride of the sides from one shot of depo too

a good bcp thats conducive to weight loss is yaz because its a mild androgen blocker and diuretic...two big factors in extra weight in women

but yeah, everyones different and responds differently
most womens bodies wont let go of the extra fluff until the baby is about a yr old....anytime I havent believed that i just have to go back and look at pics of me when my kids are 3 mths, 6 mths and a yr old

also...everything else that was a body change that came with having kids (darker nipples, stretch marks, extra hair?!1??, weight redistribution) was all permanent

I love Yaz! It's been good to me but...I ended up in the ER this week with a blood clot in my leg. Not the deep vein type but still scary for me. They are wondering if it's the Yaz. I don't want to go off it but am probably gonna have to. :(

Yes. I would be concerned with YAZ seems like more potential for ill effects than other choices.

Top Bottom