Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Big Beyond Belief by Leo Costa Jr , OTS

AJbuilder

hey guys first post here

i know a number of you haved tried the Big Beyond Belief program formulated by Leo Costa Jr after researching and witnessing the East Bulgarian guys train. He didnt state it in his manual but what he was writing about concerning hyperaccelerration, hyperadaptation and micro periodization all relates to the dual factor theory of training, made popular by Vladimir Zatsiorky and Mel Siff. The point of BBB program is to ramp up intensity, volume, set density/load, etc to a point of overreaching/near overtraining state for the short term, then backing off (hyperadaptation) and deloading so the body can catch up to it's stimulus, letting the lag time effect take place so you will grow. That, in my opinion, is the way all intermediate to experienced level bodybuilders should train.

but the manual doesn't stress one key factor, and that factor is "failure". New research now shows the difference between staying one rep short of failure and going to complete concentric failure is minimal when it comes to mass gains and hypertrophy, but going to failure too much with leave a big drain on the CNS in the long run.

so in the BBB program by Leo Costa, he didnt really make it clear if we should go to failure on all sets during the ramp(loading) phases and the supertraining phases, i can't decide if i should go to failure or not, or if Leo Costa meant leaving one rep short of failure. With all the studies and techical works i've read, failure on all sets in that program would lead to the level of chronic overtraining on the training zone chart. Any thoughts?

you said that 'new research' suggests that going to failure show minimal mass gains/hypertrophy but shows a big drain on CNS, can you link me to this research? thanks

Top Bottom