Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

better look???

spk55

anyone on this board building strength, and doing all these exercises trying to be better at a certain sport, like a better shot putter, or a faster 100 meter runner, or a stronger linebacker??? or is everyone just after a better look?

At the moment, I want to enjoy my training so i base my routine off of enjoyment and whether or not I am seeing gains. However, I might want to switch it up towards spring if i decide i want to tryout for soccer or basketball @ college next year.

I know gladiator1987 is training for football and he's hella strong, and tblock is training to be in the rangers or something like that :)

I'm training for oly lifting, but I like being strong and looking strong too. Sure I can enjoy the sport of olympic style weight lifting, but being in great shape day to day is just as great. I always feel like I can do anything an untrained person might be able to do with great effort, with no effort at all. The other day a work a lid got stuck on a jar and my colleagues just waited for me to come back to pop it open. I don't usually feel big or strong but a while back I was out in a club and some guy started causing trouble with one of my friends, I just turned around (not aggressively, just looking to see what was happening) and the guy looked at me and realized I was a friend of the guy he was giving grief to and he just shut-up mid sentence and walked off immediately. Other than the obvious strength benefit, I guess being confident about how your body looks seeps into most parts of your life too, and hell, if you age better as a result of your training then is it vanity, or just a case of enjoying life to the full?

Like jdid said I'm training for football. Strength, speed and flexibility.

I think no matter what you train for there needs to be a balance. Im finding out now that for always wanting size I lost flexibility and speed.

Of course I want to look good for women, if you don't then you're gay haha

Yeah I am lifting mainly to be strong but my overall fitness goal is to try out for some from of special ops in the army, with a particular bent towards army Rangers. Looks are secondary to those main goals.

Top Bottom