Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best routine for my needs! what do you guys think?

kpipalldaway

Hi, this is my first post on EliteFitness, I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Cory im 20 years old, and i live in Chico, Ca. I am an athlete and out of high school I received a scholarship to play basketball for Bethany university in santa cruz, Two weeks before school started i broke my foot in a really bad spot, and it put me out of commision for most of the year, and right when it healed i got in a really bad car accident and tore my labrum (which is the cartlidge in the shoulder). and then about 3 months ago, I got in a motorcycle accident were i got some really bad road rash that took about a month to heal, and brused some tindents. So long story short i have been hung up on injuries for the last year or so and i am over weight and out of shape!
I am 6 foot 4 and about 217. This is my plan so far, i have gotten some fat burners and a detox to start me out with. I went to the local nutirishop and had the owner show me the best stuff to get. I got Adicor which is suppose to be a really good fat burner, detox LGC which is a detox, and metobolix Pm which is suppose to boost my matbilism and burn fat while im sleeping. I also Got Pro 5 for protien.
My goal is to hit the weights and cardio for the next month hard, in a effort to loose all the fat i can, so i can start forcusing on getting cut.
Here is where i need your help
for cardio I plan on on doing full court basketball for an hour or two every other day im not lifting. But I have no idea on which work out routines to do and when and what and hw many reps (i know high reps is what i want for this month to burn that fat)
my problem areas are primarly abs (or lack there of haha) pecks are too flab, I need to loose fat in that area, and tighen it up. Along with the love handels.
So please help me set up a routine, i am sick of being out of shape and over weight, and i am ready and determined for a change. I will start a journel with picutre updates, that should be pretty entertaining. haha.
ill post some pictures of myself so you can see my problems areas, and give me some advice on how to correct the issues, along with some pics of my accidents (which both where not my fault) but are entertaining!

updated pics
IMG00636.jpg

IMG00637.jpg

IMG00635.jpg

IMG00632.jpg

IMG00623.jpg

IMG00617.jpg

Last edited:
first pics of my accidents

before
DSCF6387.jpg

after

l_ec7869152cabe875f77826a5ac616909.jpg

l_fab104e39310fc12334d4a86c52cbb59.jpg

glass slivers... that pic was taken right after then cleaned my arm, it was covered in blood
l_b6aa564bdc6cce87e6a8f66fcc6ebf87.jpg

and a hole in the throat always feels nice
l_f6a7801998ba0ee2c8ba4cd1f5d696d7.jpg

before
IMG00369-1.jpg

after
IMG00562.jpg

IMG00551-1-1.jpg

IMG00541-1.jpg

IMG00548.jpg

IMG00549.jpg

before

Holy crap bro. I'm glad you weren't killed.

What SouthernLord posted is good stuff.

thanks for the links. But im looking for pure fat burning exercises. those look like low rep bulk strength exercises.
what im looking for is something like this
Monday cardio (basketball)
tuesday- ?????
????
wensday- cardio basketball
thursday ??????
?????
?????
ect ect ect. something like that

thanks for the links. But im looking for pure fat burning exercises. those look like low rep bulk strength exercises.
what im looking for is something like this
Monday cardio (basketball)
tuesday- ?????
????
wensday- cardio basketball
thursday ??????
?????
?????
ect ect ect. something like that

There is no such thing as a "pure fat burning exercise". These are the basic lifts that you should focus your training around. Fat loss boils down to diet and cardio more so than what specific weight training program you do. I'm cutting at the moment and following something very similar to the links I provided. Not only am I dropping fat, but I'm getting stronger.

Diet makes you lose fat. So does having more muscle mass.

You can do 3x5 or 5x5.

If you want a little higher rep, I'd go for doing 3 or 4 sets of 10 reps per excercise.

That'll get you started. Until you get deep into it for a long time there's no reason to get real technical or specific about what you focus on. Do all the basic core lifts like rows, bench, squat etc. and build a solid base then go from there.

Diet makes you lose fat. So does having more muscle mass.

You can do 3x5 or 5x5.

If you want a little higher rep, I'd go for doing 3 or 4 sets of 10 reps per excercise.

Yep. 3x5 or 5x5 for the big lifts squat, bench, dead, rows, and 8-12 for the auxiliary exercises dips, chins, extensions, curls, etc.

can you guys help me set up a routine, like which days to do it and what not. i want to start out right. im about to upload some pics so you guys can really see how bad i need it haha

Top Bottom