Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Place to buy Chains?

mjaym

I have two pair of 5/8 chain that i bought from Topper's tractor supply through Dave Tate's site, but looking for more. They seem to be pretty expensive, locally i only found 1/2 chain for a dollar a foot. Anyone know where to get them cheaper?

When I got mine I looked in the yellow pages under "fasteners"....found a commercial place. I actually bought scrap chain that they didn't have a use for so I got it pretty cheap. Look around.

For benching you would use the chains more often than bands.

this is something that has been bugging me for a couple weeks, when you set the chains on bp how long is your stroke...like 6 - 8 inches...how do you get any kind of accomodated resistance with chains when you only have a few inches to work with....if you could post a pic of how you set the chains I would appreciate it

we have been using band tension + chains, and i want more chain, and we have a full set of bands.

Hannibal-
What place exactly did you get your from, and do guys have 5/8 or 1/2.

IronLion said:
this is something that has been bugging me for a couple weeks, when you set the chains on bp how long is your stroke...like 6 - 8 inches...how do you get any kind of accomodated resistance with chains when you only have a few inches to work with....if you could post a pic of how you set the chains I would appreciate it

I think you shorthen the length of the chain by wrapping it back on itself. If you do it this way more weight is loaded/deloaded per inch of ROM than if it is at it's normal length. I don't have any chains personally so its just a hypothesis.

mjaym said:
we have been using band tension + chains, and i want more chain, and we have a full set of bands.

Hannibal-
What place exactly did you get your from, and do guys have 5/8 or 1/2.

Got mine while I was still in Fla...we have two sets of 5/8...need a few more sets. When I find a place I will let you know.

im interested too.....i will prolly end up buying them from dave tates web site....pretty expensive tho

poppa

i have 5/8 & 3/8 chain and i like the feel of the 3/8 chain better on the bp.
they're much smoother when they load/deload if thats important......... which it prolly ain't:)

Top Bottom